I have had several S4's and when I get a new one it seems that only half of my contacts get downloaded. I assume it is due to how I saved them in the past. I am now ensuring that it says PHONE when I save but I do have some questions.

1. How will I be sure that I received all of my contacts when I have to get a new phone.

2. Also where is this file so that I can save it to my laptop.

3. Also I have found a YouTube video that shows how to save them to my SD but when I hit the menu key while in Contacts I don't see the same menu. I don't have Import/Export. Any suggestions as to why and also how I can get them saved somewhere automatically in case I lose my phone again. Thank you !!

Apologies if this is posted twice - not sure if I posted the first time.
    12-13-2018 02:01 PM
    I have had several S4's and when I get a new one it seems that only half of my contacts get downloaded. I assume it is due to how I saved them in the past. I am now ensuring that it says PHONE when I save
    Ensure that it gets saved to your Google account instead.

1. How will I be sure that I received all of my contacts when I have to get a new phone.
    By adding in the same Google account.

2. Also where is this file so that I can save it to my laptop.
    You have to export to get a file, otherwise it's in a system database file, and you'll have to learn SQL to be able to use it (and root the phone to be able to get to it).

Any suggestions as to why and also how I can get them saved somewhere automatically in case I lose my phone again.
    As I said, save them to your Google account. Then, when you get a new phone, put that account in the phone and it will get the contacts back from Google's cloud.
    12-13-2018 02:27 PM