Battery drains fast on Samasung Galaxy S4

Captain_android

Dec 16, 2018
Visit site
I'm looking for a solution to my battery being drained quickly on my Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500. I recently bought a 2600mAh RAVPower battery, but my phone will drain my battery very quickly.

I've installed Wakelock Detector Lite and found that even if I don't touch my phone for days and let it remain idle, Google, Play Store and YouTube will use up significant energy from the battery. I turn off all features such as GPS and Sync. The only thing I leave on is Wi-Fi and I put my phone in power saver mode. I have included pictures of my battery stats and what features I leave on.

I would like to hear any advice about what I can do to extend battery life. Should, or can I even, hibernate some Google applications such a Play Store. Should I consider installing a custom ROM or a custom Kernel.

If you have any suggestions on what I should do, please let me know.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-03-16-23-36-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-03-16-23-36-02.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_2019-03-05-08-42-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-03-05-08-42-25.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 3

True Blue 1

Mar 17, 2019
Visit site
Trying a rom seems like an ok idea, not sure it would fix your problem but it may be worth a try. I would also suggest removing the battery and putting it back in (if you haven't already tried that.) The apps you mentioned may just be draining the battery since your phone is an older model, and newer apps probably take more power (I think.) Hope this helps!