01-29-2016 11:11 AM
350 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Does anyone have an otter box defender case? How do you like it? Did they slim the case down?

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app
    04-22-2014 12:02 PM
    04-22-2014 02:44 PM
    Just ordered this at ShopAndroid here on the site. With the Easter discount and standard shipping. $12.95.

I really didn't want to get a case for this phone, but this one looks fun. I'll give it a shot. Love the green.
    04-22-2014 08:24 PM
    I may have asked this elsewhere, but what percentage of smartphone users use a case, do you think? In my circle of work colleagues and personal friends, it's like 80%.
    04-23-2014 02:50 PM
    Someone else posted this link on the forum, but i bought my case here and actually enjoy it a lot. hope this helps! Amazon.com: BoxWave Galaxy S5 Classic Book Case - Vintage Book Cover Case for Galaxy S5: Cell Phones & Accessories looks like some of them are $0.01 + shipping and go up from there.
    04-23-2014 05:29 PM
    I was scrolling on Amazon today and passed this case The Ringke Slim Tough Armor with 2 back panels and screen protector 16.99 and free shipping with prime...tell me what you guys think...i think its cool and its available right now no waiting.

Attachment 110949
    Check out eBay item number: 121319896741
    They are 3.68, mine arrived yesterday and fits great and gives it a good solid feel.
    04-23-2014 06:51 PM
    hello i purchased

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cUvbUpU3602274

and its a good case but made my phone feel too heavy/bulky

which of the spiegen cases is the lightest in weight? would it be significantly lighter?
    if not im open to suggestions
    04-23-2014 06:54 PM
    I haven't seen anyone post this one yet. This is all they had when I bought my phone but I love it. Not sticky in your pockets like a silicone cover is. It also has great protection on the corners, and just sits out past the camera so the lense doesn't touch when you set it down.
    ShaolinRaiden likes this.
    04-23-2014 11:26 PM
    The Neo Hybrid (Spigen) arrived yesterday and so far I like it. The fit is great and I personally find the phone easier to hold on to and operate.

Only issues I've encountered so far:

1)I can't seem to take a screen shot. Not sure if this is user error or what.... but I just can't do it.

2) As reviewers have noted, the volume rocker is kind of loose-ish. However, this doesn't bother me in the least and overall I like it better than using it caseless.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    04-24-2014 11:43 AM
    Otterbox Defender case here – not sure how it ranks against the previous Galaxy phone cases, but it seems pretty svelte compared to older Otterbox Defenders that I’ve had on Iphones in the past. Obviously not going to be the slimmest case out there, but I like the holster and extra protection personally.

That 50% off tip is a good one. I ordered my case when I ordered my phone so it was too late for me, but would have saved a few bucks if I had known possibly. I’m actually glad I had a case waiting to put it into though.
    04-24-2014 01:58 PM
    I haven't seen anyone post this one yet. This is all they had when I bought my phone but I love it. Not sticky in your pockets like a silicone cover is. It also has great protection on the corners, and just sits out past the camera so the lense doesn't touch when you set it down.
    http://dbky5wl4i40xj.cloudfront.net/...-gray-back.jpg
    I have this one and am returning it. The material is so smooth I find it slippery and worry I'll drop it.
    04-24-2014 02:52 PM
    As reviewers have noted, the volume rocker is kind of loose-ish. However, this doesn't bother me in the least and overall I like it better than using it caseless.
    For now. It gets old pretty quick.
    04-24-2014 06:39 PM
    The Neo Hybrid (Spigen) arrived yesterday and so far I like it. The fit is great and I personally find the phone easier to hold on to and operate.

Only issues I've encountered so far:

1)I can't seem to take a screen shot. Not sure if this is user error or what.... but I just can't do it.

2) As reviewers have noted, the volume rocker is kind of loose-ish. However, this doesn't bother me in the least and overall I like it better than using it caseless.

My volume rocker and power button feels extremely solid. I tried to give it some wiggle and it didn't move.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    04-25-2014 04:11 AM
    I have had ballistic cases so far and have found those to be the best. on my s3 i had the tough jacket and the ls smooth series. for the s5 i got the jewel now and it is as slim as you can get but the ballistic style corners. havent dropped the phone yet but hopefully it protects like the past cases have. i like the enlarged corners because the chance of a phone landing completely flat is minimal but the enlarged corners help with any angle of drop and absorb the most shock prior to other areas of the phone hitting.
    04-25-2014 11:05 AM
    Ringke Slime Dot in black, easily, thin but still protective, nice slight lip for screen and camera, and comfy/grippy rubberized coating, and nice cutouts for the buttons etc. I had two TPU cases on my S2 and hated them, I'll never use that material again, start getting slick with oils and grime.
    Amazon.com: [FREE HD Film-BETTER GRIP] Ringke SLIM Galaxy S5 Case **NEW RELEASE**[DOT-BLACK] FREE Premium HD Clear Screen Protector Included Modern Glam Dotted Pattern Design with Full Top and Bottom Coverage for an All Around Protection SUPER SLIM
    04-25-2014 11:13 AM
    I decided to try this Spigen case and just got it today. I like the look and it's not bulky. But it's still slippery. Not as slippery as the naked phone but slippery nonetheless. I'll try it but I'm not hopeful about keeping it, I feel like I'm going to drop the phone.
    04-25-2014 04:01 PM
    Is there a case that might make our S5's even waterproof than just water resistant?
    04-25-2014 04:02 PM
    Got my Spigen Neo Hybrid today.

Really nice case but does anyone else have issues with it not fitting quite flush, being able to see little bits of the phones chrome bezel and rattly buttons?

Got a feeling I may have a cheap knock off one.

Also, the charger flap is very hard to access

Posted via Android Central App
    04-26-2014 04:24 AM
    Got my Spigen Neo Hybrid today.

Really nice case but doesn't anyone else have issues with it not fitting quite flush, being able to see little bits of the phones chrome bezel and rattly buttons?

Got a feeling I may have a cheap knock off one.

Also, the charger flap is very hard to access

I asked someone about the bezel before and its normal. Also saw this on the Note 3 Neo Hybrid cases.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    04-26-2014 04:35 AM
    Anyone has experience buying cases from Zazzle?

A friend of mine wants to buy this case, (The link is to zazzle.com) its a "Case-Mate Barely There" Custom Cassette Mixtape Case For Galaxy S5.
    The case is cute but the price is pretty high. Anyone tried buying cases from them? is the quality of the cases good?

Attachment 114905
    Never heard of them but I wouldn't pay that price.
    04-26-2014 08:42 AM
    anyone had any experience with the

Amazon.com: Cimo [SLIM GRIP] Samsung Galaxy S5 Case Premium Flexible TPU Cover for Galaxy S5 / Galaxy SV / Galaxy S V (2014) - Blue: Cell Phones & Accessories

I'm wondering about the white clear one. I have a white phone and wondering if the clear would let the phone and chrome show through. Just got my phone yesterday. Loving it so far.
    04-26-2014 09:36 AM
    Just a heads up...

If you register your device with Samsung they email you a code for 50% off any accessory priced under $50 from the Samsung store. They sell Otter Box cases there so it's a good way to get an Otter Box for half price. It's even is good on the Otter Box Defender series which costs $49.99.

That being said, I use the Otter Box Commuter case with a Mime Feather Glass screen protector. Can't recommend this combo enough! I used the commuter on my Galaxy S3 in the past and didn't like how hard the buttons were to press. That's not an issue on the Galaxy S5 model as the buttons are really easy to press. The case fits well even with the glass screen protector and the fingerprint scanner/heart rate monitor are easy to use. The edges of the case overlap slightly with the screen protector for a tight seal... almost as if the Mime Feather Glass was made to be used with the commuter.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
    Hmmmm. I registered my S5 but I did not get an email of any kind in response.
    04-26-2014 10:23 AM
    Gonna order the Spigen slim armour.....

04-26-2014 12:27 PM
    04-26-2014 12:56 PM
    Gonna order the Spigen slim armour.....

Scrap that, gone for the black Tech21 Impact Tactical.

04-26-2014 07:14 PM
350 ... 45678 ...