Best Galaxy S5 Cases

Eric Ruiz1

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Pretty thin and not too slick? I was thinking about getting that one cause I love the fit of this regular feather one

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The finish is beautiful but since it is a hard shell case, the finish is a bit slick buy I'm OK with it. A thin rubber bumper around would be the only thing I would ask for

Posted via Android Central App

RipperCase

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I really wish that when people post and recommend a case, that they also include any information about the case's impact on wireless charging covers and the ability to charge wirelessly.

The majority of us have no idea how it would impact the Wireless Charging Cover. Cases are mainly form fitting so it wouldn't work anyways. And even if it had a tiny bit of space most of us won't even risk spending the money for a charging back just to test.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I really wish that when people post and recommend a case, that they also include any information about the case's impact on wireless charging covers and the ability to charge wirelessly.

the Diztronic TPU case did not impact my Nexus 5's ability to use the OEM wireless charger.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
What are the best options for a White S5? I wanted the Spigen Neo Hybrid but its in black back only.

I just got the black spigen ultra fit for my white S5. I think the color combo looks great. Also, the black one is grippier than the white one I bought earlier (though it shows oils from your hands much more).

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

First not everyone uses wireless charging.
Second, each case is entirely different and has to be tested once their case arrives, but that leads us back to ^
Third, the Samsung wireless battery doors are not available yet (last I checked) and nobody knows if it adds bulk. And then said cases may not fit anymore.

Your welcome.

slb21

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
i'm in a quagmire:

i have the white S5 and my favorite case (i've never ever used a case before but in this instance, i think a good looking case might actually add to the look of this otherwise humdrum-looking phone), thus far, is the

Spigen Metallized buttons Neo Hybrid Satin Silver Bumper Case (Slim Fit)

However, this is the one case that does NOT come in a white case back, in fact, this case ONLY comes with black case back and only the trim around the entire phone has different color options.

Question: may i ask for advice on the slimmest possible case that would still show off this phone as a white phone? i like having a white phone and if i were to get this particular Spigen case, i'd end up with a black phone essentially.

Thanks.

I have a white phone too and I think it makes the phone screen look museum-quality. Art is typically put in a white mat and black frame...just as these make it out to be.

Posted via Android Central App

rDubs22

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Just a heads up...

If you register your device with Samsung they email you a code for 50% off any accessory priced under $50 from the Samsung store. They sell Otter Box cases there so it's a good way to get an Otter Box for half price. It's even is good on the Otter Box Defender series which costs $49.99.

That being said, I use the Otter Box Commuter case with a Mime Feather Glass screen protector. Can't recommend this combo enough! I used the commuter on my Galaxy S3 in the past and didn't like how hard the buttons were to press. That's not an issue on the Galaxy S5 model as the buttons are really easy to press. The case fits well even with the glass screen protector and the fingerprint scanner/heart rate monitor are easy to use. The edges of the case overlap slightly with the screen protector for a tight seal... almost as if the Mime Feather Glass was made to be used with the commuter.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

lewie61

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Picked up an Insignia hard shell snap on at Best Buy for immediate use (will probably get something better) and a perfectly sized Reiko leather belt case at a Cellairis kiosk in the mall. The phone has a Verizon tempered glass screen protector as well.

case F-B-1.jpg
reiko.jpg

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Just a heads up...

If you register your device with Samsung they email you a code for 50% off any accessory priced under $50 from the Samsung store. They sell Otter Box cases there so it's a good way to get an Otter Box for half price. It's even is good on the Otter Box Defender series which costs $49.99.

That being said, I use the Otter Box Commuter case with a Mime Feather Glass screen protector. Can't recommend this combo enough! I used the commuter on my Galaxy S3 in the past and didn't like how hard the buttons were to press. That's not an issue on the Galaxy S5 model as the buttons are really easy to press. The case fits well even with the glass screen protector and the fingerprint scanner/heart rate monitor are easy to use. The edges of the case overlap slightly with the screen protector for a tight seal... almost as if the Mime Feather Glass was made to be used with the commuter.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I am sitting on the 50 percent off coupon. Not a bad little "gift"

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
The best case is when it's free! LOL

Not into them but got a free Case Mate, can't bother getting the box out of the car but it's a dual type. Soft & Hard protection. I will use it at work.