Best Galaxy S5 Cases

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had any trouble with the otterbox defender headphone jack? The rubber on mine that covers the headphone jack is getting loose from it being push out all the time

Sent from my GS5

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Just picked up the Tech 21 clear case today at Best Buy and it's my favorite case so far. I have about 7-8 different S5 cases and this Tech 21 just feels good. Here are a couple pictures of the Tech 21 next to the Ice flavored UAG case.

View attachment 117531
View attachment 117532

Also put my Zagg Glass on and there is one tiny speck of dust under it. :'(
Should have had the Best Buy counter monkeys install it. :p

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up the Tech 21 clear case today at Best Buy and it's my favorite case so far. I have about 7-8 different S5 cases and this Tech 21 just feels good. Here are a couple pictures of the Tech 21 next to the Ice flavored UAG case.

View attachment 117531
View attachment 117532

Also put my Zagg Glass on and there is one tiny speck of dust under it. :'(
Should have had the Best Buy counter monkeys install it. :p

I love the way the Tech21 looks in blue but I'm not the biggest fan of the huge opening by the mic and USB port.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I love the way the Tech21 looks in blue but I'm not the biggest fan of the huge opening by the mic and USB port.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

And the hinge part of the charger port is mighty close to the case. Don't want to put any extra stress on that flimsy charge port hinge. :p

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I started with an otterbox commuter...
I now am using spigen slim armor and love it:)

Sent from Portland Oregon using my Samsung galaxy s5 on Verizon

geoffwhite18

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Just replaced my incipio case with a spigen neo hybrid. I love the spigen. The buttons built into the case are awesome. But it does make it a little wider and Its not very grippy.

ShaolinRaiden

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
This is the one I'm sporting and I -really- like this case. The edges are smooth, raised front so the glass doesn't sit directly down. Dimpled back keeps the S5 aesthetic. It's super light and the rubbery finish gives a great grip in the hand. No issues with the charging port or headphone plug. IR blaster still works fine. Highly recommend it if you want a "feather" case. I used the same case line on my Galaxy Note and my S4 and they've definitely made some improvements with this version.

rearth-ringke-slim360-011-500x500.jpg

Ringke SLIM? Galaxy S5 Case

Last edited:

macscac

May 13, 2012
Visit site
This is the one I'm sporting and I -really- like this case. The edges are smooth, raised front so the glass doesn't sit directly down. Dimpled back keeps the S5 aesthetic. It's super light and the rubber finish gives a great grip int he hand. No issues with the charging port or headphone plug. IR blaster still works fine. Highly recommend it if you want a "feather" case.

View attachment 117889

[FREE HD FILM-DROP PROTECTION] RINGKE FUSION? Galaxy S5 Case Bumper

have any 'real life' pictures of this case? would love to see it

Eric Ruiz1

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I started with an otterbox commuter...
I now am using spigen slim armor and love it:)

Sent from Portland Oregon using my Samsung galaxy s5 on Verizon

are you having any issues with the phone popping out at the corners? Currently have that issue with my Incipio feather shine and i hate it. Looking at the slim armor or the neo hybrid

macscac

May 13, 2012
Visit site
thank you!
it looks great!
like an OEM fitment!
curious.. is the case "slick" like the plastic of the actual phone back or is it a smidge grippier?

ShaolinRaiden

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
thank you!
it looks great!
like an OEM fitment!
curious.. is the case "slick" like the plastic of the actual phone back or is it a smidge grippier?

I'd say it's noticeably, but not profoundly, more grippy than the black/gray back. It has a rubbery matte finish on it but it's not as sticky as something like the best buy platinum or seido surface Soft touch finish. It's a good balance where it resist finger prints pretty well but is still no problem to hang on to. I find it a better grip than the bare phone in my hand, it also puts that rubbery finish over the chrome which was always the slippery part of the phone for me.

Last edited: