Galaxy S5: Third-party/extended batteries

dsgroub

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
S5 will probably be my first Android phone (last is iPhone) with a choice of swapping a battery that increases more battery life. I?ll wait until there are enough reviews for different capacities of extended batteries, just wondering which is going to be my first.

Update:

Although I have been on iPhones for years and LOVE them a lot, I have to admit GS5 is a great device. Been fiddled with my new Galaxy S5 since yesterday and the battery life is still at ~35 %( moderate usage), but as it has an option to swap out spare or extended batteries, I also placed orders for a slim extended battery on mpj and a OEM on Amazon. Gonna post my battery result later.

Both of IOS and Android have pros and cons for sure. I thought I would be stumbling for days getting used to it, just figured it out very quickly. The grip is comfortable to hold, screen is awesome, and everything on the s5 just seems to be good enough for me!

DSC_0537aaa_zpsb3af762e.jpg

DSC_0562_zps0d4bcea3.jpg

DSC_0565_zps94c7d5c5.jpg

Last edited:

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
re: GS5 third-party/extended batteries

Uhm... Ok... but there are plenty of higher capacity batteries for the S5 already in use. The higher capacity batteries are not going to be specific for the S5. Mophie batteries are high quality. Maybe I don't completely understand what you are trying to say.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Uhm... Ok... but there are plenty of higher capacity batteries for the S5 already in use. The higher capacity batteries are not going to be specific for the S5. Mophie batteries are high quality. Maybe I don't completely understand what you are trying to say.

I think OP means user replaceable batteries that go into the phone versus an external solution you suggested.

I'm with you though I love mophie. I'll probably get two of their powerstation xl's to replace my hypershop plugs that died in less than a year.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site

I'm hoping Samsung does an external battery charger and battery combo pack like they have done in the past. That's going to make me switch away from my iPhone for a while.

Xzibit3

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: GS5 third-party/extended batteries

No problem, I'll just end up buying the extra battery and battery charger thing.

dsgroub

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site

I am focusing on several batteries already. Will Samsung launch official extended battery?

dsgroub

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site

Well, then, I still have to wait for extended batteries of ZL or Mpj, mugen is way too expensive for me.

Ceetar

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site

I used third-party batteries for the S1 with the external charger and found it annoying and not as good (crappy choice in battery perhaps)

I much preferred using 'real' OEM batteries (claimed, but didn't say Samsung and didn't seem to have NFC when I used them) for the S3.

Every once in a while I seemed to get a warning about the battery not being permitted, but that was sporadic and usually didn't stick, but I'd usually like to give it at least a couple of weeks to see if anyone has any problems with 'em.

Looks like the OEM batteries on ebay are 25-32 range, which isn't bad, but I'm wondering if I should make due and wait a couple of weeks/months and see if they come down to where I can buy a couple for less than that.