Galaxy S5: Third-party/extended batteries

Megacow

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I see Anker still has not released a battery for the S5 yet. Is there another 3rd party manufacturer that is as reliable as Anker and has released their battery for sale?

I'd rather avoid an insurance claim because I got a cheap battery that explodes and destroys my phone, but on the same token I'd rather not pay Samsung's exorbitant prices for a battery.

dsgroub

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
My new S5 battery drains fast and I don't considered my usage "heavy". Is it necessary to do some fully charge cycles?

Based upon my own experience, I’ll have to fully charge a new extended battery several times because the phone may fail to read it correctly, but with a new stock battery I think its unnecessary.

mbellis

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Anker 7500mAh Extended Battery Combo for Samsung Galaxy S5 - TPU Back Cover Included
http://www.amazon.com/Anker®-7500mA...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3755394

I received this product compliments of Anker Direct for review and feedback purposes. Following are my initial thoughts after using the Battery/Cover combination for approximately 1 week:

Packaging - The Battery and Replacement Cover arrived securely packaged with warranty/contact information as I've come to expect from Anker.

The Battery - 7500mAh almost triples the original battery life of your Samsung Galaxy S5 at the expense of NFC functionality. I went from having to charge my phone numerous times throughout the work day to not even thinking about where my wall charger or car charger were for over 24hrs. of extremely high usage, including everything from calls, web browsing, video chat, video streaming and camera usage. Anker warns that due to size of battery and cover there may be negative effects on signal strength however in my experience this has not been an issue. Anker took all the features of the phone internals (micro sd/sim/speaker) into consideration, leaving all of these areas fully exposed without the need to remove the battery.

The Cover - The cover replaces the original Samsung back cover, providing exceptional phone protection, covering your phone's corners, sides and back. Ease of access to all buttons and constructed of a soft TPU material adding a nice soft texture and grip to your phone. Unfortunately this comes at the expense of water resistance, at every reboot the phone will warn you to check the back cover, not a concern for most, but those who purchased the Galaxy S5 on the basis of water resistance may want to stay away from this battery if they want to be chained to an ac outlet or external battery (Highly recommend the Anker Astro Battery line if this is more your style Anker 2nd Gen Astro3 12000mAh External Battery Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology)

Warranty - 18 months!!! What manufacturer stands behind their products, not to mentions batteries for this length of time?

Cons - In my particular usage the only potential con is the enormous size of the battery and cover, however the additional usage time greatly outweighs the added bulk.

All in all, I love the Battery and Cover, inexpensive and quality/features and warranty are top notch compared to the competition, great addition to my Anker family of accessories.

Karl Thomas

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Totally agree.For a new extended battery,you need to charge and fully drain the battery for at least 3 times,then the battery would be in best condition.I bought an Onite extended battery for my S5,and the seller told me to do so.Till now,it works well.

- - - Updated - - -

Got mine yesterday and feel it is an impressive device with good battery life so far.
Where did you get it?

anon5658834

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Samsung are releasing a 3,500mAh battery it's on Amazon UK already and states as coming soon to Handtec website

Posted via the Android Central App

lot909

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm now looking for a slim extended life battery for a standby or emergency replacement. What's about the one op mentioned? My S5 is running too many apps.

Pancho Maran

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
There are 2 options. One you buy a "real capacity" external battery at least 5600mah and the second one is get a japanese made ( hard to find) higher capacity replacement battery. I did both. Read up on fake power banks ( millions of then on line ). On external chargers, you get what you pay for.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney