Which micro SD card have you bought or going to buy?

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Picked this one up, only had it for a day but no issues yet.
ugy3enep.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried to load it up?

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I had SanDisk Ultra 64GB but after two RMA's. I'm done with them and going to my other favourite, Kingston. It's cheaper too.

Edit: Decided to check eBay, didn't want no name/too good to be true aka fake. I found Samsung 64GB Class 10 for $35 and ordered it. The Kingston is on sale for $44 at B&M.

Last edited:

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I was fortunate enough to snag a 32gb SanDisk extreme plus on amazon for $25. They're $40 now.

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I had SanDisk Ultra 64GB but after two RMA's. I'm done with them and going to my other favourite, Kingston. It's cheaper too.

Edit: Decided to check eBay, didn't want no name/too good to be true aka fake. I found Samsung 64GB Class 10 for $35 and ordered it. The Kingston is on sale for $44 at B&M.

Just make sure to buy from a reputable selller. And by that, I mean a seller like buy. Com or adorama who has a real store outside of eBay.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Just make sure to buy from a reputable selller. And by that, I mean a seller like buy. Com or adorama who has a real store outside of eBay.

I usually only buy cases & screen protectors on eBay but this seller is Top Rated & 99% and sold over 250 of these. Hopefully that's good enough.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I usually only buy cases & screen protectors on eBay but this seller is Top Rated & 99% and sold over 250 of these. Hopefully that's good enough.

I bought a pair of headphones from a highly rated seller with lots of sells. Still got a fake. When you realize it is fake they will apologize and say that they didn't know and refund you fully so that you won't give them negative feedback. I am not saying that it will be a fake, just be careful.

And test the sd card after you get it with h2testw or similar

Fastfwd

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone found a specification for the 4k video that declares the minimum data rate for a micro sd card? Does 30MB/s cut it? I’m thinking at least 45MB/s+ to accommodate the 4k video. I’m hoping it’s not going to require the super high speed cards or I may just have to do without 4k capacity or use internal and see if I can move the files after if I anticipate wanting to use the 4k for any reason.

I can probably import some 4k from the phone to my computer and determine what the average data rate is, but if anyone knows anything specifically – feel free to enlighten me please.

Fastfwd

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone found a specification for the 4k video that declares the minimum data rate for a micro sd card? Does 30MB/s cut it? I’m thinking at least 45MB/s+ to accommodate the 4k video. I’m hoping it’s not going to require the super high speed cards or I may just have to do without 4k capacity or use internal and see if I can move the files after if I anticipate wanting to use the 4k for any reason.

I can probably import some 4k from the phone to my computer and determine what the average data rate is, but if anyone knows anything specifically – feel free to enlighten me please.

Looks like 48MB/s? Am I getting my bits and bytes mixed up on this?

4k Data Rate.jpg

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
48mbps (bits) = 6 MB/s. And it seems about right, I get about the same for 4k

Fastfwd

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Am I to interpret this as even the 30MB/s cards can handle the 4K? The 1080p wouldn’t actually be at a higher bitrate by and chance? I’ll have to check.

Again, if anyone can clear this up who has any authority on the subject – feel free. None of my cameras have ever balked at the cheapo class 10 SD cards that I put in them for video (not that they wouldn’t be snappier with faster cards for stills and video). I haven’t had to nitpick over bitrates to accommodate them. I gather 4k might make it more of a concern to be certain what your write speeds are.

Actually, I take that back, my cheapo cards wouldn’t support the Magic Lantern RAW video, but it wasn’t a biggie.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
In theory, even a 6MB/s card can handle it. But I would recommend a quality class 10 minimum (10MB/s)

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I received the card today and it's nothing but problems. I'm guessing it fake.

I spent an hour reformatting, transferring files and only 3 of 20 are working?

I'll stick to cases & screen protectors on eBay.

Spunjer

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
i have a gopro3 in which i purchased a 64g samsung class 10, a few months ago. samsung can't handle the speed even though it's one of the few brands gopro suggest. so i went with their number 1 suggestion, which is lexar. i never had any problems with it.
going back to the samsung card: i was about ready to return it but decided not to, in which case i'm glad. i'm using it in the S5 now, and it's working flawlessly. of note; one thing about popping a new card on gopro, they suggest to always format it even if it's brand new, and to do this on the equipment you're using. with that in mind, even though the samsung card was formatted before i took it out of the gopro, i formatted it again once i placed it the S5.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463