Which micro SD card have you bought or going to buy?

perovero

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
i have a gopro3 in which i purchased a 64g samsung class 10, a few months ago. samsung can't handle the speed even though it's one of the few brands gopro suggest. so i went with their number 1 suggestion, which is lexar. i never had any problems with it.
going back to the samsung card: i was about ready to return it but decided not to, in which case i'm glad. i'm using it in the S5 now, and it's working flawlessly. of note; one thing about popping a new card on gopro, they suggest to always format it even if it's brand new, and to do this on the equipment you're using. with that in mind, even though the samsung card was formatted before i took it out of the gopro, i formatted it again once i placed it the S5.

Is it UHS - 1 or only class 10? Can it shoot in 4k?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Spunjer

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Is it UHS - 1 or only class 10? Can it shoot in 4k?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

this is what i have:
Amazon.com: Samsung Electronics 64GB Pro microSDXC Extreme Speed (UHS-1) Class 10 Memory Card (MB-MGCGB/AM) Retail Packaging: Computers & Accessories
here are the specs:

• 3D and Full HD Video Recording
  • Class 10 UHS-1 Grade 1
  • Up to 70MB/s read (UHS-1 Interface), Up to 20MB/s write (UHS-1 Interface)
  • Extreme Speed with UHS-1 enabled (3x faster then typical micro-SD)

yes, it can handle 4k. reason i'm saying that is because, again, going back to the gopro3 (black edition) i have, it offers 4k video recording, and this is one of the cards gopro recommended when i purchased it.
i asked my friend about this today, on why the samsung card did not work on my gopro. he said that the card capacity is too big, and that i should stick with 32 gig. what he told me was, i should make a habit of downloading my videos then format it, rather than saving them in the card. what happens is by storing videos in the card, it makes it harder to read...

S5_GJH

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I've just got a cheap non branded 32gb one off eBay.

What difference can say, having a SanDisk one make?

Posted via Android Central App

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Risk of being fake, unreliable?

I recently bought a Samsung for $34.99 it's roughly $10 cheaper than my local B&M and it turned out to be fake, failed. I got my money back so it's all good.

Yesterday, I bought a Kingston 64GB UHS-1 for $41.99 at Canada Computers. I just finished transferring files and works flawlessly.

S5_GJH

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
?5 for 32gb and works perfectly.

Transferred files no problem, put it into my laptop and there is 32gb worth of space on there.

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm still using a sandisk 32gb from my wife's old htc thunderbolt... Still works great and 32gb is enough for now

Sent from Portland Oregon using my Samsung galaxy s5 on Verizon

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I was at the Samsung kiosk today at BB getting a Zagg HD screen protector installed. They had a couple Samsung 32GB EVO (don't know aht that stands for) SDHC Class 10 cards on the desk so I bought one. Think it was $25.

dgcorn

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am probably going to get a 64GB disk for pictures and music (I don't anticipate much videos). Is there any real reason to get the fastest downloads (80MB/s) over the middle range of 45MB/s or even the low range of 30MB/s? Also, how is the extra memory treated by the phone - meaning do you have to specifically designate what is written to the microSD or does the phone decide what goes where? Thanks in advance.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I am probably going to get a 64GB disk for pictures and music (I don't anticipate much videos). Is there any real reason to get the fastest downloads (80MB/s) over the middle range of 45MB/s or even the low range of 30MB/s? Also, how is the extra memory treated by the phone - meaning do you have to specifically designate what is written to the microSD or does the phone decide what goes where? Thanks in advance.

These are peak download speeds... Write speeds can and probably is lower. Depends on what you are using it for though, if just to store media, it doesn't really matter except it might take a little longer copy

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

dkjames71

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Picked up a SanDisk 32gb C10 on Amazon for $20.00. I was bummed to find out Kitkat will not let you download pics, movies, etc. Right to SD card. Wtf. That's why I got the SD card. Hope this changes.

choppermn27

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
SAMSUNG 64GB MicroSDXC Flash Card With Adapter Model MB-MP64DA/AM
Ordered on NewEgg
Put in phone when i got phone, and it formatted card and have been good since.
I am required to encrypt data on phone because it's a work device and haven't had any issues
I'm not using it much either will copy pictures and music to directly to phone and that's about it, but it's a great reliable card.
64 gigs for 40 shipped is pretty decent.
I've heard a lot of issues with off brand cards and would rather just pay a little more for something reliable.
I was going to order san disk, but the ultra cards were getting horrible reviews with Samsung devices, the extreme cards seemed to be fine, but were 60 vs 40 for cost.

tdub90

May 22, 2014
Visit site
If you get the Samsung class 10 will that fit with the Dell venue 8 pro Tablet or with the SanDisk is it cross platform compatible. I'm new with this stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles