Xzibit3

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Last edited by a moderator:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Screen Protectors

From my experience any protector that doesn't show oil is a matte finish and ruins the clarity. I'd go with a Tempered Glass protector but they're $25+ for one so you best know how to install it properly on the first attempt. I've been using MIME branded for almost a month and its just like real glass.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I went through multiple tempered glass screen protectors trying to get them installed flawlessly (no dust, no bubbles, perfectly aligned). I finally just let the folks with more experience do it and they even went through 1 before getting it good enough that I was satisfied. Some people do it lickedly-split the first time...others, like yours truly, don't have such good screen-protector-installation skillz.

Sent from 4 f IV 🔘

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I went through multiple tempered glass screen protectors trying to get them installed flawlessly (no dust, no bubbles, perfectly aligned). I finally just let the folks with more experience do it and they even went through 1 before getting it good enough that I was satisfied. Some people do it lickedly-split the first time...others, like yours truly, don't have such good screen-protector-installation skillz.

Sent from 4 f IV 🔘

A little tip for those with a difficult time. Most flaws come from the time it takes to properly align. If you could just do this in a second it would most likely work out well.

Clean the phone nicely. Grab the screen protector. Align it on the phone properly. Grab some tape and put a piece on the top, middle and bottom left of the phone. Once taped, flip it off like a notebook and do your final cleaning for dust. When you're happy, pull the film off the protector and flip over. Perfect alignment, no dust usually.

For best results do in a steamy bathroom.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

A little tip for those with a difficult time. Most flaws come from the time it takes to properly align. If you could just do this in a second it would most likely work out well.

Clean the phone nicely. Grab the screen protector. Align it on the phone properly. Grab some tape and put a piece on the top, middle and bottom left of the phone. Once taped, flip it off like a notebook and do your final cleaning for dust. When you're happy, pull the film off the protector and flip over. Perfect alignment, no dust usually.

For best results do in a steamy bathroom.

Ahhh, the door-hinge method. I tried that and still ended up with a piece of dust. (I may live is the lintiest place on the east coast).

Sent from 4 f IV 🔘

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Ahhh, the door-hinge method. I tried that and still ended up with a piece of dust. (I may live is the lintiest place on the east coast).

Sent from 4 f IV 🔘

Dust can still happen so that's why a steamy bathroom would be a great way to do it. :)

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Screen Protectors

Dust can still happen so that's why a steamy bathroom would be a great way to do it. :)

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. What does a steamy bathroom do to combat dust (sorry, my science brain is asleep)?

Sent from 4 f IV 🔘

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. What does a steamy bathroom do to combat dust (sorry, my science brain is asleep)?

Sent from 4 f IV 🔘

The steam keeps the dust on the floor so its not floating everywhere. I'm sure there's still a little airborne dust but not much.

fallenangel808

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site

On top of the steam method you will also want to remove all towels, floor mats and anything that may cause lint. I found that helped a lot.

Sara Di

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I am completely inept at putting screen protectors on. I was planning on heading to the Zagg kiosk at my mall and buying and having them put on the glass protector.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC