Zagg InvisibleShield Glass

Galaxy S5: Tempered glass screen protectors?-photo-2-.jpg
    Button and rounded edge detail.

Galaxy S5: Tempered glass screen protectors?-photo-1-.jpg
    Full face.

Regards,

Mark
    04-21-2014 03:33 PM
    I found it very easy. I used to struggle to get the flexible plastic screen protectors on straight and without bubbles and was never as successful as I wanted. The Aerb glass protector is much stiffer and easier to hold and align. My technique was to center the cutout for the home button exactly around the button itself. Then just drop the upper part of the glass into place, making sure the distance between the glass and the bezel on each side was the same.

Good cleaning in a dust free environment is still important. I did end up with three very small dust particles, but they are almost invisible so I am ignoring them.
    So you just align it, drop one side of the screen protector on one end, and drop the other end on it and that's it?
    04-21-2014 10:06 PM
    So you just align it, drop one side of the screen protector on one end, and drop the other end on it and that's it?
    I would personally recommend the hinge method. Worked perfectly for me. Guide: Perfect Screen Protector Installation Technique - xda-developers
    04-21-2014 10:21 PM
    I would personally recommend the hinge method. Worked perfectly for me. Guide: Perfect Screen Protector Installation Technique - xda-developers
    I thought the hinge method was for non-glass screen protectors.
    04-21-2014 10:25 PM
    I thought the hinge method was for non-glass screen protectors.
    Well it worked just fine for my glass one. I guess it's less necessary because they're so rigid, but I don't always have the steadiest hands.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-21-2014 10:32 PM
    Before I removed the film from the glass protector, I experimented with positioning it on the phone to make sure the fit was exactly right with the hole for the power button exactly centered around the button itself. It was.

I removed the film from the back of the protector and touched the bottom edge of the protector along the bottom edge of the phone, making sure that the home button hole was exactly centered around the button. Then I slowly lowered swiveled the protector down until the top touched, making sure that the distance between the screen protector and the phone bezel was equal on each side. I could see the protector sealing itself to the phone down the middle. As an encouragement, I lightly ran my finger down the middle of the protector.

Since the glass protector is stiff and doesn't flex like the plastic protectors, there was no problem with it slipping, folding, or stretching while I was working with it. The glass protector was an absolute delight compared to anything I had struggled with before.
    04-21-2014 11:18 PM
    Can anyone tell me the thickness of the Zagg glass?
    04-22-2014 09:33 AM
    Can anyone tell me the thickness of the Zagg glass?
    I don't have the specifics but it's very thin and adds almost nothing to the screen.
    04-22-2014 11:13 AM
    Since someone posted pictures of the Zagg on the phone, I figured I'd do the same for the Luvvitt version.

Galaxy S5: Tempered glass screen protectors?-100_6135.jpg
    Galaxy S5: Tempered glass screen protectors?-100_6134.jpg
    Galaxy S5: Tempered glass screen protectors?-100_6132.jpg
    04-22-2014 11:10 PM
    So is the Zagg protector any good or is there anything better?
    04-22-2014 11:21 PM
    I love the Zagg, but there's no reason to believe any of the others wouldn't be just as good. The only reason I went with a Zagg was the lower fingerprinty-ness than the other one I tried. They're may be others with those same coatings that are cheaper than the $39.99.

04-23-2014 12:14 AM
    I've used Mime Ghost Glass and Zagg Glass. By far Zagg Glass is a superior product. Equal clarity but the Zagg has a better feel and doesn't attract finger prints like the MIME. I can just wipe the Zagg on my shirt and its clear. On the MIME it smeared like a plastic protector for some reason.

Both are great but I prefer Zagg.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    04-23-2014 12:32 AM
    I just picked up a zagg glass last night at best buy. I bit the bullet and paid the 8 bucks to have them install it, as if they do I can take it back there if/when it gets scratched and get a new one put on no questions asked. It's pretty much the only thing I'll pay their price premium for, as it's not that much more and it's infinitely more convenient. Also, zagg charges shipping, and some people are claiming they also make you pay 15 dollars every time you get a new one as well. So after the first swap, I'm coming out ahead.

As for the protector itself, it looks amazing. It's crystal clear and I think it actually has a better oleophobic coating on it than the stock screen does. It barely figerprints, and they are incredibly easy to wipe off. On my m7 (I have the m8 now), 2 days after I got it I cleaned the screen and managed to get a piece of sand under the cloth and put one hairline scratch in the screen. It drove me nuts, and I was worried every time I wiped this screen down the same would happen. Now I can rest easy. I definitely think they are worthwhile, and the zagg seems as good or better than any of the rest.
    04-24-2014 09:29 AM
    I got the Zagg brand at Best Buy and am really glad I paid the extra money for it. Your fingers glide easily and it's easy to get finger prints off.
    04-24-2014 02:10 PM
    just put it on mine as well...

i could have saved the $8 installation fee and have done it myself...after watching her put it on, it literally took 2 minutes

i also love it...lets see how long it will last though
    04-25-2014 11:50 PM
    Spigen Glas.t

Galaxy S5 - Galaxy - Samsung - Brands | Spigen

You can also purchase through Amazon. A great option if you have Amazon Prime.
    04-26-2014 08:47 AM
    Spigen Glas.t

Galaxy S5 - Galaxy - Samsung - Brands | Spigen

You can also purchase through Amazon. A great option if you have Amazon Prime.
    i've heard people say zagg is better than spigen for the glass version ..something with the anti-oil coating makes it better
    04-26-2014 08:59 AM
    i've heard people say zagg is better than spigen for the glass version ..something with the anti-oil coating makes it better
    I haven't used Spigen but MIME Glass was good. I switched to Zagg and it repels fingerprints like RainX does water droplets on a windshield. I can't ever imagine switching back due to how good this protector is.

This is coming from someone who never liked InvisibleShield products.

04-26-2014 11:18 AM
    I haven't used Spigen but MIME Glass was good. I switched to Zagg and it repels fingerprints like RainX does water droplets on a windshield. I can't ever imagine switching back due to how good this protector is.

This is coming from someone who never liked InvisibleShield products.

Ya I didn't like zagg before either. In fact, I haven't used a screen protector since the htc Evo days and I took that off after a week

I had a s2, s3, and s4 with no screen protectors either

-Sent from Tapatalk
    04-26-2014 12:55 PM
    Could be but Zagg falls at the bottom of my list.
    04-26-2014 01:06 PM
    I still have to recommend the luvvitt one. For $10, I don't see how you can go wrong. It's a great screen protector.

04-26-2014 01:16 PM
    Could be but Zagg falls at the bottom of my list.
    What didn't you like about it? Zagg Glass repels oils far better than any others I've tried (iLoom and MIME) and feels more like glass. I would have to wipe my protectors down with a solution as these just smeared like plastic. The Zagg wipes down like real glass.

04-26-2014 05:29 PM
    What didn't you like about it? Zagg Glass repels oils far better than any others I've tried (iLoom and MIME) and feels more like glass. I would have to wipe my protectors down with a solution as these just smeared like plastic. The Zagg wipes down like real glass.

Well, I guess I shouldn't say that about their Glass product as I haven't actually tried it, but I absolutely despised their screen protectors. I haven't seen anyone local that sells them but based on what you've said, maybe I'll give it a try. I do like how Spigen offers a lost cost replacement for a year if you have to replace the Glas.t - say if you have the device replaced, etc. Does Zagg offer this?
    04-26-2014 08:20 PM
    Well, I guess I shouldn't say that about their Glass product as I haven't actually tried it, but I absolutely despised their screen protectors. I haven't seen anyone local that sells them but based on what you've said, maybe I'll give it a try. I do like how Spigen offers a lost cost replacement for a year if you have to replace the Glas.t - say if you have the device replaced, etc. Does Zagg offer this?
    Yes. They offer life of the device replacement for free + the shipping

-Sent from Tapatalk
    04-26-2014 08:39 PM
    Zagg offers a lifetime guarantee. All you pay is shipping ($5.99 for USPS First Class) to have it shipped and than send your old one back at your expense (for as low as $3)

That's excellent if you ask me. They replace even if you need one due to sending your device in for repair or warranty replacement.

04-26-2014 09:30 PM
236 12345 ...