06-11-2015 10:46 PM
236 ... 678910
tools
    I have this one and LOVE it! It was easy to install and I was really surprised at the touch sensitivity. I thought with something this thick I would lose some sensitivity.

Hero Glass
    07-21-2014 07:34 PM
    I just had a zNitro Tempered Glass protector put on my S5 today at a Nitro kiosk at the mall. It looks fantastic! On zNitro's website they do a hammer test on the screen on a iPhone. The screen survives but I'm not sure about the insides of the phone.

https://www.znitro.com/
    07-24-2014 09:11 PM
    Has anyone tried the iloome products? I have heard great reviews on them but I still haven't pulled the trigger yet due to the price. Had my phone for 2 weeks, babying it and not a single scratch on the screen without the protector. Even so, I am not going to try my luck and will be purchasing a screen protector ASAP. I am interested in those 9H tempered glass ones and my only other concern is if my case will get in the way of the protector.
    08-01-2014 03:24 PM
    Has anyone tried the iloome products? I have heard great reviews on them but I still haven't pulled the trigger yet due to the price. Had my phone for 2 weeks, babying it and not a single scratch on the screen without the protector. Even so, I am not going to try my luck and will be purchasing a screen protector ASAP. I am interested in those 9H tempered glass ones and my only other concern is if my case will get in the way of the protector.
    My friend has on his Note 3 and loves it.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    08-02-2014 09:17 AM
    Well I did try the iloome screenmate flexible glass, but that didn't last a month, since it already scratched. I ended up going back to the Spigen Glas.tr nano slim. I have no problems with it and it works fine with any case. So yes, case will not get in the way.
    08-03-2014 01:57 PM
    I just purchased an s5 at best buy; the salesman talked me into a zagg glass and I'm extremely happy with it. It does feel amazing to the touch. Even though I paid $40 for it, I admit it was worth it.
    I had put a Tech Armor Ultraclear Ballistic Glass on my wife's S5 but all the accolades here about the Zagg Invisible Shield Glass' ability to resist fingerprints convinced me to buy the Zagg.

Well, you Zagg fans are way off base. After a day of use my Zagg glass protector is full of fingerprints and my wife's Tech Armor is not, and she uses her S5 way more than I do. The difference is great enough that I'm thinking about pulling the Zagg off and replacing it with the Tech Armor.

Disclosure: she had to increase the screen sensitivity with the Tech Armor but that worked and anyway that tends to be a personal adjustment.
    08-05-2014 02:37 PM
    I had put a Tech Armor Ultraclear Ballistic Glass on my wife's S5 but all the accolades here about the Zagg Invisible Shield Glass' ability to resist fingerprints convinced me to buy the Zagg.

Well, you Zagg fans are way off base. After a day of use my Zagg glass protector is full of fingerprints and my wife's Tech Armor is not, and she uses her S5 way more than I do. The difference is great enough that I'm thinking about pulling the Zagg off and replacing it with the Tech Armor.

Disclosure: she had to increase the screen sensitivity with the Tech Armor but that worked and anyway that tends to be a personal adjustment.
    Zagg Glass does resist fingerprints but of course they build up since its Glass. The difference with Zagg which even bare Gorilla Glass can't do is the oils wipe off on almost all shirt materials. Gorilla Glass didn't wipe off at all on my work shirt but does without effort with Zagg.

To each their own. But if you have to up the sensitivity for a protector than it may not be the best option either.

08-05-2014 04:15 PM
    Duplicate post
    08-06-2014 01:24 PM
    Just got one from LUVVITT and love it. Just switched over to glass with my iphone 5S prior to getting one for my GS5, and all I can say is I can never go back to plastic now. Glass just feels so premium.
    08-07-2014 03:16 PM
    I pulled the trigger and ordered the Zagg. I just noticed on their site in the help section though, that someone asked if it was waterproof and support answered that it wasn't. Has anyone that has the Zagg taken it in the water and does it have issues? My kids like taking underwater pictures in the pool so I was a little concerned about how the Zagg glass impacts that. Would all glass covers be the same in that way?
    08-11-2014 02:03 PM
    I pulled the trigger and ordered the Zagg. I just noticed on their site in the help section though, that someone asked if it was waterproof and support answered that it wasn't. Has anyone that has the Zagg taken it in the water and does it have issues? My kids like taking underwater pictures in the pool so I was a little concerned about how the Zagg glass impacts that. Would all glass covers be the same in that way?
    Zagg Glass sticks as well as any other glass protector. However, that's not to say the water won't mess with the adhesive. You may have to choose protection or water pictures, lol.

08-11-2014 09:20 PM
    I have a tech armor one for 2 months now and its sitll holding up well.
    08-12-2014 01:12 AM
    I have a Luvvitt glass screen protector and I've gotten it wet a few times (just light rinsing to clean the phone in the sink) without any issues. As far as I know, it wasn't advertised as either waterproof or not. I'd imagine that water could start to get under the edges and ruin the adhesive if I kept it submerged for too long though.
    08-12-2014 06:24 AM
    I recently switched from an iPhone 5s to an S5. Loving it so far! I had a tech armor on my iPhone and it worked great. Then I used a zagg. It works great also. I'm still waiting on Zagg to send me a replacement for my S5.
    08-12-2014 07:52 PM
    Regardless of which brand I use for the glass protector, I have no problem dunking my S5 in water even with the glass screen protector on it and it still sticks fine. Never came off. I currently use the Spigen Glas.Tr nano slim. 0.23 mm
    08-13-2014 10:31 AM
    Do cases still fit on okay with glass screen protectors?
    08-14-2014 12:07 PM
    Do cases still fit on okay with glass screen protectors?
    Every one I've used has been fine.

08-14-2014 12:29 PM
    Just got my Zagg tempered glass screen protector put on and I love it! The edges are slightly rounded so it lays nicely on the phone and you can't even tell it's on there. It was $48 with installation at the mall. I know, rip off, but I hate putting these things on myself and after I drove out to the mall I figured might as well save my time and gas and just have them do it while I was there and make sure it was perfect. Very happy with mine. They said not to put a case on it for 48 hours which will be tough because my white S5 is super slick, feels like it will fly right out of my hand!
    That stinks, best buy installed it on my phone for free
    But the zagg invisible shield tempered glass screen protector is great

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5
    08-14-2014 10:21 PM
    That stinks, best buy installed it on my phone for free
    But the zagg invisible shield tempered glass screen protector is great

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5
    As for his no case for 48 hours I find that to be false caution. I never had an issue. This is a dry install and as long as its out on right the adhesive will stick.

08-14-2014 10:24 PM
    Has anyone ever gotten a new phone, put a screen protector on, and then a short time later needed to get a replacement phone? Did you have to by a new screen protector? Or did they give you one?
    08-15-2014 10:01 AM
    Has anyone ever gotten a new phone, put a screen protector on, and then a short time later needed to get a replacement phone? Did you have to by a new screen protector? Or did they give you one?
    I had to buy it. The good news is Zagg Glass will send a replacement for $5 and your return shipment is as cheap as putting on a stamp. It takes a few weeks though so I'd have a cheap plastic on standby.

08-15-2014 12:25 PM
    Zagg Glass does resist fingerprints but of course they build up since its Glass. The difference with Zagg which even bare Gorilla Glass can't do is the oils wipe off on almost all shirt materials. Gorilla Glass didn't wipe off at all on my work shirt but does without effort with Zagg.

To each their own. But if you have to up the sensitivity for a protector than it may not be the best option either.

I replaced the Zagg with the Tech Armor and the difference in fingerprint sticking is huge and I didn't have to change my S5's sensitivity. Eclipse, you really should try one. I can rub my finger all over the TA protector and nothing sticks. The only way I got a print was to rub my nose on it (I'm not kidding).

I don't own stock in TA, I'm just telling you that you won't have to rub a TA protector on your shirt - you'll just keep working. Zagg says their surface is oleophobic but I'm telling you it's oleotropic.

Ted
    Eclipse2K likes this.
    08-18-2014 06:53 PM
    I replaced the Zagg with the Tech Armor and the difference in fingerprint sticking is huge and I didn't have to change my S5's sensitivity. Eclipse, you really should try one. I can rub my finger all over the TA protector and nothing sticks. The only way I got a print was to rub my nose on it (I'm not kidding).

I don't own stock in TA, I'm just telling you that you won't have to rub a TA protector on your shirt - you'll just keep working. Zagg says their surface is oleophobic but I'm telling you it's oleotropic.

Ted
    I will look into it when I need a new protector.

08-18-2014 09:36 PM
    08-21-2014 06:54 AM
    I have purchased the ballistic glass from tech armor and it has started coming off. I have tried to contact them via email, phone, and filled out the replacement info. This has been going on for almost a week and a half and can't get anyone to respond or contact me back. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get them to contact me? The number I call goes to their answering service and they send tech armor an email.
    09-04-2014 01:54 PM
236 ... 678910