Galaxy S5: Tempered glass screen protectors?

mjcecil

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
So is the Zagg protector any good or is there anything better?

I love the Zagg, but there's no reason to believe any of the others wouldn't be just as good. The only reason I went with a Zagg was the lower fingerprinty-ness than the other one I tried. They're may be others with those same coatings that are cheaper than the $39.99.

Posted via Android Central App

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I've used Mime Ghost Glass and Zagg Glass. By far Zagg Glass is a superior product. Equal clarity but the Zagg has a better feel and doesn't attract finger prints like the MIME. I can just wipe the Zagg on my shirt and its clear. On the MIME it smeared like a plastic protector for some reason.

Both are great but I prefer Zagg.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

TriBeard92

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up a zagg glass last night at best buy. I bit the bullet and paid the 8 bucks to have them install it, as if they do I can take it back there if/when it gets scratched and get a new one put on no questions asked. It's pretty much the only thing I'll pay their price premium for, as it's not that much more and it's infinitely more convenient. Also, zagg charges shipping, and some people are claiming they also make you pay 15 dollars every time you get a new one as well. So after the first swap, I'm coming out ahead.

As for the protector itself, it looks amazing. It's crystal clear and I think it actually has a better oleophobic coating on it than the stock screen does. It barely figerprints, and they are incredibly easy to wipe off. On my m7 (I have the m8 now), 2 days after I got it I cleaned the screen and managed to get a piece of sand under the cloth and put one hairline scratch in the screen. It drove me nuts, and I was worried every time I wiped this screen down the same would happen. Now I can rest easy. I definitely think they are worthwhile, and the zagg seems as good or better than any of the rest.

alil25

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I got the Zagg brand at Best Buy and am really glad I paid the extra money for it. Your fingers glide easily and it's easy to get finger prints off.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
just put it on mine as well...

i could have saved the $8 installation fee and have done it myself...after watching her put it on, it literally took 2 minutes

i also love it...lets see how long it will last though

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
i've heard people say zagg is better than spigen for the glass version ..something with the anti-oil coating makes it better

I haven't used Spigen but MIME Glass was good. I switched to Zagg and it repels fingerprints like RainX does water droplets on a windshield. I can't ever imagine switching back due to how good this protector is.

This is coming from someone who never liked InvisibleShield products.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I haven't used Spigen but MIME Glass was good. I switched to Zagg and it repels fingerprints like RainX does water droplets on a windshield. I can't ever imagine switching back due to how good this protector is.

This is coming from someone who never liked InvisibleShield products.

Ya I didn't like zagg before either. In fact, I haven't used a screen protector since the htc Evo days and I took that off after a week

I had a s2, s3, and s4 with no screen protectors either

-Sent from Tapatalk

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I still have to recommend the luvvitt one. For $10, I don't see how you can go wrong. It's a great screen protector.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Could be but Zagg falls at the bottom of my list.

What didn't you like about it? Zagg Glass repels oils far better than any others I've tried (iLoom and MIME) and feels more like glass. I would have to wipe my protectors down with a solution as these just smeared like plastic. The Zagg wipes down like real glass.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
What didn't you like about it? Zagg Glass repels oils far better than any others I've tried (iLoom and MIME) and feels more like glass. I would have to wipe my protectors down with a solution as these just smeared like plastic. The Zagg wipes down like real glass.

Well, I guess I shouldn't say that about their Glass product as I haven't actually tried it, but I absolutely despised their screen protectors. I haven't seen anyone local that sells them but based on what you've said, maybe I'll give it a try. I do like how Spigen offers a lost cost replacement for a year if you have to replace the Glas.t - say if you have the device replaced, etc. Does Zagg offer this?

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Well, I guess I shouldn't say that about their Glass product as I haven't actually tried it, but I absolutely despised their screen protectors. I haven't seen anyone local that sells them but based on what you've said, maybe I'll give it a try. I do like how Spigen offers a lost cost replacement for a year if you have to replace the Glas.t - say if you have the device replaced, etc. Does Zagg offer this?

Yes. They offer life of the device replacement for free + the shipping

-Sent from Tapatalk

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Zagg offers a lifetime guarantee. All you pay is shipping ($5.99 for USPS First Class) to have it shipped and than send your old one back at your expense (for as low as $3)

That's excellent if you ask me. They replace even if you need one due to sending your device in for repair or warranty replacement.

perithimus

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Zagg offers a lifetime guarantee. All you pay is shipping ($5.99 for USPS First Class) to have it shipped and than send your old one back at your expense (for as low as $3)

That's excellent if you ask me. They replace even if you need one due to sending your device in for repair or warranty replacement.

Or if you have a local zagg location you can just swap the screen protector out for a new one at no charge. You can also have them install it for $5

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Also, the best buy guy was telling me you can theoretically get replacement ones for free for other devices. All you do is shatter it in a bunch of pieces and say it was for another phone, like the s6 in the future and it's like having lifetime replacement for all devices you own

-Sent from Tapatalk

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Also, the best buy guy was telling me you can theoretically get replacement ones for free for other devices. All you do is shatter it in a bunch of pieces and say it was for another phone, like the s6 in the future and it's like having lifetime replacement for all devices you own

-Sent from Tapatalk

Tempered Glass shouldn't shatter into pieces though. Unless Zagg isn't tempered but I think it is. I've only heard of these Tempered Glass protectors cracking, not shattering.

Always possible though

JS_racer

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Just had a zagg glass installed at my Corp Sprint store. Was like $40 installed plus tax. Seems good so far, but what do I know. Lol

g.711

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Well I can also confirm the Zagg feels wonderful, However I got some dust under the corner, so I pealed it up the edge ever so slightly and the Snap! The corner broke. On he good side it now sits flat. Just passing on as you install, they can and will break.