S5 S View Flip Cover: Anyone else's popping/flipping up?

MilitantRabbit

May 24, 2012
Visit site
I got the black S View flip cover, and it keeps flipping open from closed after a few minutes use. Shouldn't this stick to the screen? I saw on another thread that someone else had the same problem. Is this just a needs-to-break-in issue, or is it a defect?

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I got the black S View flip cover, and it keeps flipping open from closed after a few minutes use. Shouldn't this stick to the screen? I saw on another thread that someone else had the same problem. Is this just a needs-to-break-in issue, or is it a defect?
Had a similar issue with my S4 and returned it. I don't like those flip covers much anyway so...

Hopefully another flip cover user can chime in that uses it with an S5

Denisej

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I have the S-view case for my S5 and I also purchased this to keep it closed: Amazon.com: Spigen? Samsung Galaxy S5 / Galaxy Note 3 Flip Cover [Magnetic Clip] Magnetic Holder for Samsung S View Cover / Flip Cover for Samsung Galaxy S5 & Samsung Galaxy Note III **Cover is not included** - Magnetic Clip (SGP10688): Cell Phones & It works well. The only thing that I don't like is part of the clip has to be installed on the side of the phone and I have other cases. They do however give you additional installation tapes to use so you can reinstall several times.

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Normal. They all do that.

MilitantRabbit

May 24, 2012
Visit site
I have the S-view case for my S5 and I also purchased this to keep it closed: Amazon.com: Spigen? Samsung Galaxy S5 / Galaxy Note 3 Flip Cover [Magnetic Clip] Magnetic Holder for Samsung S View Cover / Flip Cover for Samsung Galaxy S5 & Samsung Galaxy Note III **Cover is not included** - Magnetic Clip (SGP10688): Cell Phones & It works well. The only thing that I don't like is part of the clip has to be installed on the side of the phone and I have other cases. They do however give you additional installation tapes to use so you can reinstall several times.

I just bought that exact piece on Amazon and got it delivered today. Saves my OCD and well worth the price.

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I use a 3 x 5 soft jewelry pouch outside of the Folio Cover. It keeps everything closed and protects the exposed camera lens on the back.

kooritsuki

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Mine needs about 2 secs of lightly holding it in place in it's closed position, then it stays there. Even if I flipped it over to the back for a while, it only takes several seconds of closing it and putting the phone front side down for it to start "sticking".

Heard someone saying something about using a blowdryer on the side (left side that connects the front and the back of the cover) then leaving it to cool down in the closed position to make it stick. I haven't had the need to try it myself.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
We need to get everyone here into a support group. No offense because I'd be right there with all of you.

Posted via Android Central App

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site

no its normal......i have the wireless charging one now and that stays flat much better than the non-wireless one

that thing sucks.....the metal can scratch the screen
Mine won't stay closed. The ones on the in store model did stay closed though.

that's because you can't fold those back

AndyLu

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
It's normal. I just put the phone faced down and pick it up and it's closed. Nothing serious to worry over.

Posted via Android Central App

mjcecil

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
This was an issue with the S4 S-view case as well, but only when they were brand new. After a little break in period, they would lay flat.

Mark

Fdmstng99

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Mine needs about 2 secs of lightly holding it in place in it's closed position, then it stays there. Even if I flipped it over to the back for a while, it only takes several seconds of closing it and putting the phone front side down for it to start "sticking".

Heard someone saying something about using a blowdryer on the side (left side that connects the front and the back of the cover) then leaving it to cool down in the closed position to make it stick. I haven't had the need to try it myself.

Mine also takes a few seconds to close after I've had it open for a while. No issues so far and have had my S View case since Saturday.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I exchanged my case and this new one sucks. It doesn't stay shut at all. I give up.

Went with a normal tpu case instead and wireless charging sucks anyways. Way too slow

-Sent from Tapatalk

Wojciech Doe

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
I was thinkink about stick very small neodymium magnets in the corner of case but this can make compass useless. In the top right corner compass going crazy. I hope that it will stop open after some time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2