Spigen Neo Hybrid case delivered today

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Looks great! How is the phone reception? Also, what does the back feel like? Will it collect dust?

Posted via Android Central App

No dust collection, it's a textured TPU that sort of mimics the back of the S5. It's nice and grippy too unlike the Tech21 that I had.

CannedBullets

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
So will the exterior of the case scratch if I drop it? Also, how easy is it to remove the case if I want to switch out the battery or microSD card?

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
So will the exterior of the case scratch if I drop it? Also, how easy is it to remove the case if I want to switch out the battery or microSD card?

The TPU won't scratch in the traditional sense. It's rubber like. The bumper (or border) may scratch if dropped. I haven't dropped it and don't plan on it. But if it happens then the case has done its job. I have removed the case a few times over the past couple of days and it's not difficult at all.

CannedBullets

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
The TPU won't scratch in the traditional sense. It's rubber like. The bumper (or border) may scratch if dropped. I haven't dropped it and don't plan on it. But if it happens then the case has done its job. I have removed the case a few times over the past couple of days and it's not difficult at all.

Good to know, I might go with the Neo Hybrid then.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Does the plastic feel loose and push in by the power button? My friends does on the Note 3 on both of his Neo Hybrid cases but I can't imagine that bring normal.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Does the plastic feel loose and push in by the power button? My friends does on the Note 3 on both of his Neo Hybrid cases but I can't imagine that bring normal.

I am not experiencing this issue. The only real "issue" I have with this case is that the buttons on the bumper add so much extra tactile that it's easy to trigger the volume or power button when I might not want to.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am not experiencing this issue. The only real "issue" I have with this case is that the buttons on the bumper add so much extra tactile that it's easy to trigger the volume or power button when I might not want to.

Did you go nuts when you could see the edge of the chrome? Every video I've seen shows a tiny bit of chrome on not only the Spigen cases but Tudia, CruzerLite, etc. Its no issue but before I saw this I thought my case was made faulty. :D

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Did you go nuts when you could see the edge of the chrome? Every video I've seen shows a tiny bit of chrome on not only the Spigen cases but Tudia, CruzerLite, etc. Its no issue but before I saw this I thought my case was made faulty. :D

The chrome of the actual phone? I actually did not notice until you pointed it out. Not a biggie but I am wondering if it was intentionally made that way or if it was a mistake. :)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The chrome of the actual phone? I actually did not notice until you pointed it out. Not a biggie but I am wondering if it was intentionally made that way or if it was a mistake. :)

That's just the way the chrome extends out. Nothing wrong with the cases although I thought it was a flaw initially. I tend to try and find flaws lol.

S5_GJH

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Got my Spigen Neo Hybrid today.

Really nice case but doesn't anyone else have issues with it not fitting quite flush, being able to see little bits of the phones chrome bezel and rattly buttons?

Got a feeling I may have a cheap knock off one.

Also, the charger flap is very hard to access

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Got my Spigen Neo Hybrid today.

Really nice case but doesn't anyone else have issues with it not fitting quite flush, being able to see little bits of the phones chrome bezel and rattly buttons?

Got a feeling I may have a cheap knock off one.

Also, the charger flap is very hard to access

You dont have a knockoff. That's how the case is, everything you mentioned up there.

slb21

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site

I actually really like the edge of the chrome showing ever so slightly. To me, it indicates that the case is not creeping over the glass.

DSCN3559.jpg

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I actually really like the edge of the chrome showing ever so slightly. To me, it indicates that the case is not creeping over the glass.

View attachment 116436

Sweet looking phone. Any tips to installing the Zagg glass and not getting any junk/dust under it?
I have the Zagg Glass sitting here and I'm a little apprehensive about getting specks under the glass when I install it.

slb21

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Sweet looking phone. Any tips to installing the Zagg glass and not getting any junk/dust under it?
I have the Zagg Glass sitting here and I'm a little apprehensive about getting specks under the glass when I install it.

I totally hear ya! I did not have the phone in the case when I did it. I sat at the kitchen table - well lighted from above - and then wet dusted the area.

I opened the package and then cleaned the prints off the phone screen. Being under the light was very helpful - little specks of dust were visible. I wiped those away - first with the alcohol wipe, then with the microfiber cloth provided. I took Film #1 off (and was lucky to not have any dust adhere to that), checked for dust again with the microfiber cloth, and turned the glass over the phone immediately. I did my 'fitting' very close to the surface of the phone, so as to limit my dust collection. Then I just placed it down carefully.

I didn't have any major air pockets, though there were a few places where it looked like the glass was not fully adhered to the screen. In these spots, I pressed down and moved my fingers from the center to the edge - after a bit they went away.

I'm lucky I didn't have any dust under the glass...but I think the trick is to do it in a clean area.

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
My Spigen Neo Hybrid Electric Blue case arrived yesterday and so far I love the case. The only thing that I wished Spigen could change is make it a tad bit slimmer.