S5 Samsung Account Log in 'In Progress'

aceridgey

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

Currently next to a very new black S5 and I have to say on first impressions it's looking very exciting indeed.

Is anybody else finding that under certain situations, the phone is stuck log in /signing in screens?

I am trying to log into my samsung account, my details are correct, but it gets stuck trying to log in. The notification turns to 'in progress' but even after multiple restarts I get the same issue.

(this is the same trying to log into a secondary gmail account)

Thoughts guys?

Regards,

Alex

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
There MAY be something wrong with the Samsung customer database. I logged in with my usual ID to register my S5. Then I entered the correct IMEI number. However, later I could not open the Samsung store with that ID. I had to create a new account.

Then I could not locate my S5 from their App website. I then registered my S5 again with the new account and noticed it showed I had two S5's with one having the wrong IMEI number. I could not enter the IMEI number at all in my second registration.

Thus, I called Samsung telephone support and they referred me to the Samsung Webmaster at the Samsung Customer Service web site. I sent him two messages and so far I have not heard anything.

I am not having any problems with my gmail account or their store account.

Edit as of one hour later: the webmaster fixed my account and it is now correct. He must have worked all last night since I suspect my account was not the only one with a problem.

Try to log into Samsung later today. Your account will also probably be fixed.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with the Note 5.
Hi, both the Galaxy S5 and the Note5 are extremely out of date devices. I wouldn't be surprised if that's why you're having problems logging into certain accounts -- it may have to do with the phone not being able to support current security protocols. It's time to recycle that phone and get something much more current.

Reactions: Laura Knotek