10-02-2015 05:22 PM
64 123
tools
    Yep the usb cover is a week point if the S5 came out cordless from the start then maybe we would have covers by now
    one other advantage is the camera is not touching the surface may have to adapt a cover to fit
    06-03-2014 05:24 PM
    Its the best Accessories i ever got
    06-05-2014 01:38 PM
    I bought this wireless charger for $18.99

It fits inside the stock S5 plastic case, no bulges created on the back.
    I did lay a piece of business card over the charging contacts.
    Measured about 3/8" x 1", without it the contacts were intermittant.

This one => * Qi Standard Wireless Charger kit 'mine'

It comes with the charging pad making this one a really great deal.
    HI AZgl1500, can you post your battery temperature screen when charging using this kit? Thank you a lot in advance.
    06-06-2014 01:23 AM
    I ordered the Charging Cover OEM and Tylt Vu Qi charger. Going to pick up a Belkin bumper as suggested and be done with the port cover. Getting rather tired of fiddling with it in the dark.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    06-10-2014 12:16 AM
    Ask and you shall receive.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=68CHhvwB

So I tried the case and at least with the standard cover I can't stand it. The case is too flimsy on the edges and I can feel movement due to this. So I need to find something solid or return my new wireless cover.

06-11-2014 07:43 PM
    So the official samsung cover makes the phone to thick to fit in most cases? I was really hoping to get this accessory and get an ottterbox defender or commuter. Maybe I won't be getting a S5
    06-11-2014 11:36 PM
    So the official samsung cover makes the phone to thick to fit in most cases? I was really hoping to get this accessory and get an ottterbox defender or commuter. Maybe I won't be getting a S5
    3mm thicker so that is correct. An Otterbox won't work.

06-12-2014 12:31 AM
    Anyone can post the temperature range when using OEM wireless cover???
    06-12-2014 04:19 AM
    Got my wireless charging cover today. I've tried every case I have (Tudia, Diztronic, Spigen SlimArmor, and Cruzerlite) and none fit.

Gonna return the cover since Bumpers seem iffy after trying one (for me, the Belkin did fit).

06-12-2014 03:21 PM
    So lame. Guess I need to find out more about the G3
    06-12-2014 05:08 PM
    I found out one of my cases work with the OEM Samsung Wireless Charging Cover!

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=-r6sCbTT

This case works NEARLY flawlessly. The issue is installing it is tight and if you happen to put it in the case incorrectly the volume and power buttons will not line up. If you do it correctly everything will line up and the phone is protected with all port openings still in check.

Tight fit but at least it works. The chrome is covered from edge to edge. It is a bit annoying though if you get it wrong.

06-12-2014 10:22 PM
    Got my wireless charging cover today. I've tried every case I have (Tudia, Diztronic, Spigen SlimArmor, and Cruzerlite) and none fit.

Gonna return the cover since Bumpers seem iffy after trying one (for me, the Belkin did fit).

I'm using a Diztronic case on mine. It's not a perfect fit, but it works OK. It's a quality case to begin with, so even with a not so perfect fit, it's still acceptable for me for daily use.
    06-13-2014 03:46 PM
    I'm using a Diztronic case on mine. It's not a perfect fit, but it works OK. It's a quality case to begin with, so even with a not so perfect fit, it's still acceptable for me for daily use.
    It doesn't fit though. I mean any TPU will generally "fit" by some standard but I noticed that it can pull loose easily and cause the alignment of the power/volume buttons to be off.

If you like it that's great. Not saying there's anything wrong with it. Just not ideal for myself.

06-13-2014 04:13 PM
    I found out one of my cases work with the OEM Samsung Wireless Charging Cover!

Mobile Phone Accessories & Smartphone Accessories | Samsung

This case works NEARLY flawlessly. The issue is installing it is tight and if you happen to put it in the case incorrectly the volume and power buttons will not line up. If you do it correctly everything will line up and the phone is protected with all port openings still in check.

Tight fit but at least it works. The chrome is covered from edge to edge. It is a bit annoying though if you get it wrong.

I dont know if it's the samsung website or your link, but your link just take me to the samsung home page...Do you have the case name?

Thanks,
    06-16-2014 10:55 PM
    I dont know if it's the samsung website or your link, but your link just take me to the samsung home page...Do you have the case name?

Thanks,
    Galaxy S5 Protective Cover Clear

Galaxy S 5 Protective Cover, Clear

Sorry about the bad link.

I will note though that I stopped using the case within a day. It works as well as any case will with the cover but I decided to go with a Belkin Grip Bumper.
    06-16-2014 11:17 PM
    Just got my wireless charging back tonight. Works and def and some bulk and weight as others have said.

This is the charging pad i have (http://www.amazon.com/RAVPower%C2%AE...cUvbUpU3720633)

Will def need another one for work might pick up the samsung one since i have a coupon. Charging def seemed slower of course compared to plug in the wall, but not too bad i guess.

Batt temp got up to 104f which sucks as wall charging doesn't really heat up that much or at all.

Now the hunt for a case with kickstand, as my old one doesn't work now with the wireless charging.
    06-20-2014 12:28 AM
    Just got my wireless charging back tonight. Works and def and some bulk and weight as others have said.

This is the charging pad i have (http://www.amazon.com/RAVPower%C2%AE...cUvbUpU3720784)

Will def need another one for work might pick up the samsung one since i have a coupon. Charging def seemed slower of course compared to plug in the wall, but not too bad i guess.

Batt temp got up to 104f which sucks as wall charging doesn't really heat up that much or at all.

Now the hunt for a case with kickstand, as my old one doesn't work now with the wireless charging.
    I haven't checked my S5 constantly but after an hour on my Tylt Vu the temperature was around 94 degrees. Do you use a case? I'm using a bumper case so my charging back is wide open and no heat gets trapped.

06-20-2014 03:44 AM
    I haven't checked my S5 constantly but after an hour on my Tylt Vu the temperature was around 94 degrees. Do you use a case? I'm using a bumper case so my charging back is wide open and no heat gets trapped.

Not yet, but i will need to eventually. Do you have the OEM wireless back? or a pad? I'm thinking of picking up the Tylt, to use as my work charger.
    06-20-2014 09:27 AM
    been on the charger for about 30 mins. Taking it off here and there to answers messages, incase people wanted to see the temp in action
    Attached Thumbnails Qi Wireless charger w/Receiver for Galaxy S5-screenshot_2014-06-20-10-39-44.jpg  
    06-20-2014 10:43 AM
    Not yet, but i will need to eventually. Do you have the OEM wireless back? or a pad? I'm thinking of picking up the Tylt, to use as my work charger.
    Yes, OEM back. Tylt charging dock.

06-20-2014 03:35 PM
    Any idea the charging specs on the VU-Mate Card? Wonder how it compares to the Itian one the guy linked on Ebay.
    06-25-2014 05:46 PM
    been on the charger for about 30 mins. Taking it off here and there to answers messages, incase people wanted to see the temp in action
    Hi
    Can you please tell me
    which are the Apps you have
    1) showing battery meter
    2) your phone data & mins

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Qi Wireless charger w/Receiver for Galaxy S5-0screenshot_2014-06-20-10-39-44.jpg  
    06-26-2014 12:26 AM
    Hi
    Can you please tell me
    which are the Apps you have
    1) showing battery meter
    2) your phone data & mins

Thanks
    The battery meter I'm unsure of as it could be many. I use GSAM personally but that's not what theyre using.

The data appears to be a T-Mobile My Account application.

06-26-2014 12:59 AM

I picked this one up too. It took 10 days to arrive. I love the wireless charging. It works with my case BUT it gets very warm. I will check temp on the next charge and post the results. I will also try it without the case and see if it is any cooler. This is the case I use:

ULAK Waves Wallet
    07-20-2014 02:34 PM

I got one of these too. I ordered it on the 10th and got it today. Barely adds any bulge to the phone. If you wanted to make it slimmer you could remove the little tabs on the battery cover that stick out and it would probably take the bulge out completely. Seems a bit warm after charging from 90-100%, but I never really paid attention to how warm it got plugged in. Best of all it works in my Otterbox Defender. I installed the GSAM app so I will let you guys know on the temps.
    07-21-2014 04:58 PM
64 123