Qi Wireless charger w/Receiver for Galaxy S5

ssgokou29

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Just got my wireless charging back tonight. Works and def and some bulk and weight as others have said.

This is the charging pad i have (http://www.amazon.com/RAVPower®-Qi-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3720633)

Will def need another one for work might pick up the samsung one since i have a coupon. Charging def seemed slower of course compared to plug in the wall, but not too bad i guess.

Batt temp got up to 104f which sucks as wall charging doesn't really heat up that much or at all.

Now the hunt for a case with kickstand, as my old one doesn't work now with the wireless charging.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Just got my wireless charging back tonight. Works and def and some bulk and weight as others have said.

This is the charging pad i have (http://www.amazon.com/RAVPower®-Qi-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3720784)

Will def need another one for work might pick up the samsung one since i have a coupon. Charging def seemed slower of course compared to plug in the wall, but not too bad i guess.

Batt temp got up to 104f which sucks as wall charging doesn't really heat up that much or at all.

Now the hunt for a case with kickstand, as my old one doesn't work now with the wireless charging.

I haven't checked my S5 constantly but after an hour on my Tylt Vu the temperature was around 94 degrees. Do you use a case? I'm using a bumper case so my charging back is wide open and no heat gets trapped.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

ssgokou29

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I haven't checked my S5 constantly but after an hour on my Tylt Vu the temperature was around 94 degrees. Do you use a case? I'm using a bumper case so my charging back is wide open and no heat gets trapped.

Not yet, but i will need to eventually. Do you have the OEM wireless back? or a pad? I'm thinking of picking up the Tylt, to use as my work charger.

ssgokou29

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
been on the charger for about 30 mins. Taking it off here and there to answers messages, incase people wanted to see the temp in action

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-20-10-39-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-20-10-39-44.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 41

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
been on the charger for about 30 mins. Taking it off here and there to answers messages, incase people wanted to see the temp in action

Hi
Can you please tell me
which are the Apps you have
1) showing battery meter
2) your phone data & mins

Thanks

Attachments

• 0Screenshot_2014-06-20-10-39-44.jpg
    0Screenshot_2014-06-20-10-39-44.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 149

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi
Can you please tell me
which are the Apps you have
1) showing battery meter
2) your phone data & mins

Thanks

The battery meter I'm unsure of as it could be many. I use GSAM personally but that's not what theyre using.

The data appears to be a T-Mobile My Account application.

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I bought this wireless charger for $18.99

It fits inside the stock S5 plastic case, no bulges created on the back.
I did lay a piece of business card over the charging contacts.
Measured about 3/8" x 1", without it the contacts were intermittant.

This one => * Qi Standard Wireless Charger kit 'mine'

It comes with the charging pad making this one a really great deal.

I picked this one up too. It took 10 days to arrive. I love the wireless charging. It works with my case BUT it gets very warm. I will check temp on the next charge and post the results. I will also try it without the case and see if it is any cooler. This is the case I use:

ULAK Waves Wallet

ThrottleAbuse

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site

I got one of these too. I ordered it on the 10th and got it today. Barely adds any bulge to the phone. If you wanted to make it slimmer you could remove the little tabs on the battery cover that stick out and it would probably take the bulge out completely. Seems a bit warm after charging from 90-100%, but I never really paid attention to how warm it got plugged in. Best of all it works in my Otterbox Defender. I installed the GSAM app so I will let you guys know on the temps.

Last edited:

ThrottleAbuse

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Charged mine overnight and temps looked like they got to about 107, but that was after I was playing a game and set it on the charger. Looks like it leveled off to about 102 when charging. Ambient temps are about 70 in my place overnight. I plugged in the wall charger that came with it this AM and it was only about 85 when charging. I doubt its anything to be concerned about considering it will run in the low 100's when under heavy use and no charger. I forgot to add that it looks like the wireless is charging at 620 mA with this ebay setup vs the 1200 mA of the stock wall charger. The GSAM app seems to show current charge rate.

Is there a way to turn off the beep when it starts charging on the wireless charger? I didn't look because I was sleeping, but it seems that it may cycle in and out of charging mode when sitting on the charger and at basically 100% charge. Making a beep every time when you are trying to sleep is pretty lame.

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site

How did you know you needed the business card fix? Exactly what "symptoms" made you check that?

I ask because this morning my phone was only 75% charged and it was on the charger all night. I haven't had any issues the nights before.

Debbie Botham

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
can anyone help i have a galaxy S5 with a sview case but the conection on the case seem to use one of the same holes as the charger receiver so how do i get both them to work at same time???

yankeekid86

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
I just got an S5 and I used to have the S3. I got a Qi Charger for my S3 when the port stopped working. Do you know if the Qi S3 charger will work for the S5? The battery sizes are different and the ports don't seem to match up but it looks like there is a door on the back of the phone labeled R1 and R2 that might work. Any idea if I shoould open this door and see? I'm guessing no..

Also the "Voice Mail Update" notification for Verizon keeps coming up. The posts I found say this is just unfixable right now. Is there anything I can do to hide this?

Besides that I like the phone a lot.

Thanks!

Jamez Farrow

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
WRONG Diztronic make a case speciflcally for this back cover so does Tudia as I purchased both cases. I also Went and bought a SLimPWR card from Fonesalesman it so thin it doesn't make a buldge at all and it fits every cases and maintains some of the IP

Mark Rose2

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I know this post is rather old, but did you ever find an answer to your question. I just bought a qi receiver and am waiting for delivery. I also use the sview case for my S5. Were you able to use it?

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Does the OEM wireless charging cover work on the AT&T S5? I know that on the AT&T LG G3 the Qi wireless charging cover doesn't work because AT&T is all in with PMA unfortunately.

wshwe

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to turn off the beep when it starts charging on the wireless charger? I didn't look because I was sleeping, but it seems that it may cycle in and out of charging mode when sitting on the charger and at basically 100% charge. Making a beep every time when you are trying to sleep is pretty lame.

Did you ever find a fix for this problem? i"m having the same issue with my Tylt Vu Mate receiver.

stillmind

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi there. I couldn't find any satisfactory reply or comment on whether I need an extra back to use a Ravpower wireless charger. I have a SG5 straight from the box, and the RAV charger isn't working. I suspect I need to purchase a charging back. Can anyone confirm this?

ssgokou29

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
You will need a wireless charging back for the s5. The rav charging pad will not charge your phone wirelessly without the cover. However you can still use the pad using a cable to your phone. I still use the charging pad for my iphone (using a cable of course) as it's fast portable charger

Amazon.com: s5 wireless charging cover

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781