Problem with Otterbox volume controls

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I just got an Otterbox Defender and I can't get the volume controls to work. It seems to fit good, and I've taken it apart and put it back together several times. Sometimes the volume down will work once or twice then quit.

Any suggestions?

Posted via Android Central App

MisterBid

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Have you checked the little flaps that are on the inside that control it? They could possibly be to small I would contact otterbox, if that's the problem they will send you they new silicone cover or whatever the material is free of charge and free shipping. Keep me updated if possible. Thanks

sparker04

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I just got an Otterbox Defender and I can't get the volume controls to work. It seems to fit good, and I've taken it apart and put it back together several times. Sometimes the volume down will work once or twice then quit.

Any suggestions?

It just seems like a defect. It shouldn't interfere with any buttons you have. Ask for a new one and they shouldn't give you too many problems about it.

anon(1002654)

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I purchased a case and the volume buttons are hollow so in other words the case button didn't make contact with the phone button when pressed. It seemed to be a problem with the case mold as every other case at that store had the same problem. I cannot remember the brand but that could be it. I have a spigen now (the one with the clear back) and I absolutely love it. :)