S5 Case under $30 - Spigen, UAG, or other?

TripleB67

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Wife is getting ready to purchase us each a new Samsung Galaxy S5. I'm looking for a quality but 'slimmer' (to fit in khaki type pants and jeans without being too bulky) case for under $30.

It seems like two of the best rated are the Spigen (Air Cushion/Heavy Duty) and the Urban Armour Gear.

Can anyone comment on either of these two cases or possible a better option for under $30?

Thanks.

TripleB67

btw: she likes a Verus...anyone have any experience with this brand?

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Wife is getting ready to purchase us each a new Samsung Galaxy S5. I'm looking for a quality but 'slimmer' (to fit in khaki type pants and jeans without being too bulky) case for under $30.

It seems like two of the best rated are the Spigen (Air Cushion/Heavy Duty) and the Urban Armour Gear.

Can anyone comment on either of these two cases or possible a better option for under $30?

Thanks.

TripleB67

btw: she likes a Verus...anyone have any experience with this brand?

I love Spigen cases. I am currently using the Neo Hybrid with metallic buttons. Super case.

eazyweazy3

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Spider Neo Hybrid for me. Had it for my S4 and have it for the S5. I prefer the more square and flat feel of the case as opposed to the rounded cases that are out there. It adds some bulk but you get used to it quickly. Nothing like an Otterbox however.

I enjoy it a lot.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

TripleB67

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Spider Neo Hybrid for me. Had it for my S4 and have it for the S5. I prefer the more square and flat feel of the case as opposed to the rounded cases that are out there. It adds some bulk but you get used to it quickly. Nothing like an Otterbox however.

I enjoy it a lot.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Some reviews mentioned the charge port opening not being large enough....have you found this to be a problem?

Thanks for the input.

TripleB67

sparker04

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Verus is good and spigen is good too. I'm using the Verus Thor case right now. I love the obliq cases too since it comes in realllly pretty colors. But the verus and spigen cases have the dot backing its cool!

Matthew McHenry

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Urban Armor Gear for the WIN!!!

Seriously tho. I love mine. They seem to spend their time engineering cases rather than just throwing their names on generics and marketing them.

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Lovin the UAG case on my S5. Incredibly light, not bulky, fantastic grip, great button feedback, and ultra cool looks. Military rated drop protection is great too. 👍

HAWK

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Got this today because I'm waiting for my spigen cases from amazon. Figured it would be a cheap hold me over and I love it. It's sleek, very grip and fits the phone awesome. Worth a look.

saranana.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1405655322171.jpg

theonlybuster

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
The Spigen Tough Armor's case is nice and smooth yet rubberized. But because it's smooth all around, it slides in and out of my pocket extremely easily. The buttons are also pretty flush, yet still defined so they don't get caught in your pocket either. From the handful of cases I'd tested out, the Spigen ToughArmor was by far my favorite. Just be sure to get a screen protector for it.

kstah

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm also voting for the Spigen Slim Armor. I just got mine today in the mail and it's got that WOW factor.

Great protection, every cut out has been aligned perfectly and it just looks fantastic.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie