07-24-2014 12:24 PM
56 123
tools
    I just received mine yesterday. The power button is also not working, almost like there is too much space between the phone and the button. I may try putting a piece of paper in there so theres a connection between the two. Also, I have no idea how to open up the charger, once you get the case opened. There is simply no room to get my fingers in there to open it to charge? Anyone have any suggestions? I like the case, but may sell it and wait for something different
    06-14-2014 10:52 AM
    I just received mine yesterday. The power button is also not working, almost like there is too much space between the phone and the button. I may try putting a piece of paper in there so theres a connection between the two. Also, I have no idea how to open up the charger, once you get the case opened. There is simply no room to get my fingers in there to open it to charge? Anyone have any suggestions? I like the case, but may sell it and wait for something different
    I went to the Verizon store and exchange it for another and I think that this one is perfect, the power button works, call and speaker quality is good and the screen protector is good, even with my zagg glass protector. Very happy now.

Posted via Android Central App
    STARGATE likes this.
    06-14-2014 11:41 AM
    I went to the Verizon store and exchange it for another and I think that this one is perfect, the power button works, call and speaker quality is good and the screen protector is good, even with my zagg glass protector. Very happy now.

Good deal!

If you are taking with someone on the phone, can the other person hear you well if you're on the speakerphone?

Sent From My Galaxy Tab 3
    06-14-2014 04:59 PM
    Good deal!

If you are taking with someone on the phone, can the other person hear you well if you're on the speakerphone?

Sent From My Galaxy Tab 3
    I haven't tried to talk to anybody on speakerphone but I can tell you that everybody that I have talked to with the case on can hear me clear as if the phone wasn't in the case.

STARGATE likes this.
    06-14-2014 09:46 PM
    This is yet another cover that does not fit the S5 with a wireless back on
    when will manufactures make a cover that does both
    06-15-2014 08:38 AM
    This is yet another cover that does not fit the S5 with a wireless back on
    when will manufactures make a cover that does both
    Exactly why I'm passing on wireless charging.
    06-15-2014 01:46 PM
    Super excited about the s5 and not having to buy a life proof case. we all bought life proof for our iPhones for protection. My biggest complaint with life proof was unable to hear especially speaker mode was impossible. My son ran over his phone with the life proof case. the phone was crushed. I purchased a glass screen cover and a simple coverto protect the screen from dents and dings. do not like bulky covers.
    jaleesag88 likes this.
    06-15-2014 03:01 PM
    Another user with case issues....I love the case, design, fit, and weight are great. But, call quality is terrible! I've tried all the tricks, blowing into the mic port, removing and re-installing, etc.....I don't have any problems with the power button and the screen sensitivity and clarity are not a big issue but the muffled echo call quality is a game changer. I have reached out to LP via their Facebook page and the instructed me to contact their customer support team tomorrow. I'll give them a chance but right now I'm very disappointed, it really seams that they missed the mark this time!
    06-15-2014 06:35 PM
    If you are looking for another option try the Preserver series by Otterbox. I haven't seen many people review or even they have one. Odd thing is Otterbox bought lifeproof. The non consumer reviews of the Preserver series are hard to find too. Might be because I think it is still so new. Which is also odd, because I believe they started being sold right after buying lifeproof.

Sent from my Galaxy S5
    06-15-2014 11:51 PM
    Well after a couple of day of using this case, I'm taking it back to the store for a refund. I got tired of everybody saying that I sound like I'm in a tunnel, even though the echoing went away after you opened the charging flap. So I give the lifeproof fre a solid fail.

06-16-2014 01:24 PM
    So I reached out to Lifeproof today and spoke with customer service (excellent CS experience, the rep was extremely nice and sounded apologetic for the case problems I was having) apparently they're very aware that there is an issue with this case and they're working on a fix. The rep offered to place me on a list to be contacted and sent a replacement case as soon as the fix is put into production. She assured me that they were working on the problem and that a new/replacement case should be available within 2-4 weeks.
    I really think LP is a great company and trust that they will get this problem corrected ASAP. I'm willing to get by with this case until they send me the new one.

The funny part was that when I called I had my case on (for a little bit of effect I must admit) and the agent was like "hello, I'm sorry I'm having trouble hearing you....are we connected I'm getting an echo" so then I flipped the charger door open and was like "And that's the reason I'm calling"
    STARGATE likes this.
    06-16-2014 02:56 PM
    I'm sending mine back. spoke to there CS this afternoon she was great and sent me a label to send this case back ... She also advised that she thought that a Nuud case would be coming but she couldn't confirm for certain. I'm really hoping the Preserver case will be at WalMart or Best Buy this weekend. I really need a heavy duty case.
    06-16-2014 06:25 PM
    I'm sending mine back. spoke to there CS this afternoon she was great and sent me a label to send this case back ... She also advised that she thought that a Nuud case would be coming but she couldn't confirm for certain. I'm really hoping the Preserver case will be at WalMart or Best Buy this weekend. I really need a heavy duty case.
    I've read that the charge port on the preserver is impossible to open while the case is on the phone. Did you order the $59. recon case up?
    06-17-2014 12:46 PM
    I've read that the charge port on the preserver is impossible to open while the case is on the phone. Did you order the $59. recon case up?
    No didn't order the Recon yet going to get the Preserver first and give it a try before running back to the Recon. But I'll be honest I really regret selling mine.
    06-17-2014 04:55 PM
    No didn't order the Recon yet going to get the Preserver first and give it a try before running back to the Recon. But I'll be honest I really regret selling mine.
    Otterbox has a deal where you get a $20.-$30 drybox when you purchase the preserver. Let me know how the preserver turns out?
    06-17-2014 07:57 PM
    I haven't tried to talk to anybody on speakerphone but I can tell you that everybody that I have talked to with the case on can hear me clear as if the phone wasn't in the case.

Great! 👍☺

Sent From Inside The TARDIS With My Galaxy S5
    06-18-2014 07:44 AM
    Spoke with a customer service rep today after my third try with the Fre and was told that he had received email stating the new version that fixes the call issues is now available. He is sending me the new version out now.
    06-19-2014 06:05 PM
    Received my Otterbox Preserver today. Works like a champion, no echo on callers end. Sound quality is terrific. Only issue is you need a nail file or something to that effect to open the charging port on the S5 due to the depth of the Preserver, even with that quirk it's not a deal breaker for me. This is a keeper.
    06-20-2014 11:40 AM
    I checked with Lifeproof just now and here's the info I received:

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    06-20-2014 12:12 PM
    I checked with Lifeproof just now and here's the info I received:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/21/e3y9apem.jpg

I have been in touch with lifeproofs, customer service and they told me that they have fixed the issue with the echoing and will be processing my replacement claim within 24 to 48 hours. I had to send them a picture and a brief description of what is going on. Hopefully they will send me a good case so that I don't have to spend time and more money to get the preserver

06-20-2014 05:03 PM
    So I stand corrected, or actually the first rep I talked to does. I actually called into customer support and you are correct. I had to do the same thing, take a pic with info on a post it in the pic. But now I supposedly have a new working case on the way...Let's hope they get it right this time!

06-20-2014 09:01 PM
    Well I received my replacement case, and I am still having the echo problem when talking to someone, so guess I will call them in the morning and tell them to send me yet another case until they send me one that works

06-25-2014 09:26 PM
    For those having echo problems, my brother had that problem with his GS4 and the Lifeproof fre.

He got rid of that echo after turning the nose reduction feature off.
    So now that the S5 Lifeproof is out-1403935282909.jpg
    I guess you guys could try, it doesn't hurt.

Sent From Another Galaxy
    06-28-2014 01:02 AM
    I have the lifeproof fre case with tempered glass. Typing on it sucks cause i have to tap the screen harder than normal. Also if I don't pull the flap that covers the charging port the person on the other end hears an echo noise. I am debating on returning the case for a otterbox defender.

07-05-2014 02:25 AM
    Lifeproof cases look so ugly.

07-06-2014 02:49 AM
56 123