So now that the S5 Lifeproof is out

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I am a little surprised at the design, and that only the FRE is out, considering the NUUD has been the better seller since its release. The S5 version has the flap that goes over the already flap covered charging port. I am wondering how this is going to work, or even if you can get the charger in there. Anyone own one of these yet? I am wondering how the Otterbox Preserver series differs as far as the charging port cover. It's also a little odd to me that Otterbox has an Otterbox waterproof case, when it now own Lifeproof.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I am a little surprised at the design, and that only the FRE is out, considering the NUUD has been the better seller since its release. The S5 version has the flap that goes over the already flap covered charging port. I am wondering how this is going to work, or even if you can get the charger in there. Anyone own one of these yet? I am wondering how the Otterbox Preserver series differs as far as the charging port cover. It's also a little odd to me that Otterbox has an Otterbox waterproof case, when it now own Lifeproof.

I'm with you on the same questions, I have not seen the cases yet, I will have to check them out to see what the deal is.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm just wondering if the Lifeproof would still work with a Zagg Glass screen protector already on the phone.

Might just have to order one to find out. :p

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm just wondering if the Lifeproof would still work with a Zagg Glass screen protector already on the phone.

Might just have to order one to find out. :p

According to the legalese writing from Lifeproof they don't recommend that.

I remember it because my brother got the Lifeproof Frē for his GS4.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Last edited:

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Cool, that flap comes all the way open. The older versions did not for other phones. That is plus. Now they just need the NUUD series version and I will own one.

So you don't like the protection film on this one?

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
So you don't like the protection film on this one?

Nah. The film creates a small gap between the touch screen. Plus the biggest complaints from the muffled sound comes from the ones with the film cover (or in the past it did). The Nude seals all the way around the screen, and the give you a custom screen protector to cover the screen still.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Nah. The film creates a small gap between the touch screen. Plus the biggest complaints from the muffled sound comes from the ones with the film cover (or in the past it did). The Nude seals all the way around the screen, and the give you a custom screen protector to cover the screen still.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Interesting. My brother has the fre on his GS4 and he loves it. But I have never tried either one.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Temptation was killing me so I picked up the Lifeproof case for the Galaxy S5 today at a Sprint store. Threw my S5 with the Zagg Glass into it and everything seems to be working fine so far. :eek: I'll report back a little later tonight after I've had some more time with it. ;)

Lifeproof with Zagg Glass still on the phone, fits perfect:

View attachment 122875
View attachment 122876
View attachment 122877

Can anybody let me know if their LF case has the same little notch in the yellow rubber like pictured below?
View attachment 122878

Last edited:

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
That looks great felloffthetruck. Please update on how it works with the Zagg glass still on. I used the original zagg shield on my iPhone 4 and put a LifeProof case on it and it worked better with the zagg than without. It might be that the Zagg takes up the gap between phone and LifeProof case just right. Also please advise as to whether or not you have any sound issues or mic issues. THANKS!! I'm in serious anticipation of my LifeProof case arriving tomorrow. No place in my area has them without driving at least 30 miles.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
That looks great felloffthetruck. Please update on how it works with the Zagg glass still on. I used the original zagg shield on my iPhone 4 and put a LifeProof case on it and it worked better with the zagg than without. It might be that the Zagg takes up the gap between phone and LifeProof case just right. Also please advise as to whether or not you have any sound issues or mic issues. THANKS!! I'm in serious anticipation of my LifeProof case arriving tomorrow. No place in my area has them without driving at least 30 miles.

The phone in the Lifeproof case with the Zagg Glass seems to function just fine. At first I did not see any oils slicks but after about 1 hour they have reared their ugly heads. I figured no oil slicks with the Zagg being on the phone but I was wrong. Looks like I'm going right back the my Element Recon Elite with the smooooth Zagg Glass. This is a hard combo to beat.:p

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I wondered how it would work with Tempered glass. I have that on my phone and would hate to rip it off for a case I may not like.

For people that have it, how is the built on shield on the case? Is there much of a gap?

Also anyone tested this with the wireless charging back?

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Last edited:

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
One of my issues with the cases that have the built in screen as well is how scratched up I have seen them. Since they cant be replaced without buying a whole new case, another reason I like the Nuud series.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Last edited:

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I wondered how it would work with Tempered glass. I have that on my phone and would hate to rip it off for a case I may not like.

For people that have it, how is the built on shield on the case? Is there much of a gap?

Also anyone tested this with the wireless charging back?

Sent from my Galaxy S5

The Zagg Glass is tempered glass and everything was working fine except for the nasty oil slicks. Went back to the Element case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie