Wireless Chargers

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Wireless charging uses QI not NFC (not that they couldn't use NFC to do something else). That charger will work with any phone that is QI compatible. Both your S4 and S5 will need the battery cover with QI or a QI card installed under the stock battery door.

Last edited:

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Wireless charging uses QI not NFC (not that there couldn't use NFC to do something else). That charger will work with any phone that is QI compatible Both you S4 and S5 will need the battery cover with QI or a QI card installed under the stock battery door.

Exactly right...Good point...missed that in the original post

gdjenkins10

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I have this charger and the s5 with Samsung WIreless Back. It does not charge properly with phone in portrait mode but charges fine in landscape position. It will flash orange when charging in portrait. I had 1 occasion where doubletwist was syncing 14 gig of music while on TYLT and it triggered battery to hot message. Had to shutdown phone to get rid of message.

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I've never had a problem with overheating or improper charging....but that might just be the difference of having it built in vs. an add-on

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have this charger and the s5 with Samsung WIreless Back. It does not charge properly with phone in portrait mode but charges fine in landscape position. It will flash orange when charging in portrait. I had 1 occasion where doubletwist was syncing 14 gig of music while on TYLT and it triggered battery to hot message. Had to shutdown phone to get rid of message.

Syncing will heat the processor up and battery. Add charging on top of that and I can understand the issue. :)

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

arisenfury

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I have that some charger and it is awesome. No worries about placement no matter which way you put the phone. Went through 3 $30-40 ones and had to return them all.

Posted via Android Central App

ItsMeMandi

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I have a CHOETECH with wireless card and it works great. It does heat up charging but that seems to be the norm and once it hits 100% it stops charging and the temperature drops. It works through my spigen ultra thin case and charges faster than I thought it would.

CHOTECH Qi Wireless Charger

S5_GJH

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm on the fence as to whether to get one these.

How safe are the ones where insert the receiver behind the standard back cover?

Posted via Android Central App

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a CHOETECH with wireless card and it works great. It does heat up charging but that seems to be the norm and once it hits 100% it stops charging and the temperature drops. It works through my spigen ultra thin case and charges faster than I thought it would.

CHOTECH Qi Wireless Charger

I just ordered the offical black Sammy charging back and this charger today.

I haven't had the benefit of wireless charging since the Palm Pre+ and touchstone. I've missed wireless charging.

-Suntan

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

I have the white version of that one. It works fine. With the official Samsung charging back the phone itself gets a little warm, but not nearly as bad as some people complain about with other chargers/after market charging coils.

The phone does stick out around the pad, so it takes a concerted placement of the phone to make sure it starts charging. If it is miss-placed, the pad may light up to show a device is charging, but the phone won't take a charge.

-Suntan

photoman333

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I got this one and like it alot

View attachment 124700
TYLT • VU • Wireless Charger

At $70 it's a bit pricey, and there are definitely cheaper options out there, but this works really well with my N4 (with a case).

I have three of these:

A6 Qi Wireless Charger Charging Pad Transmitter for Apple Samsung Google HTC LG | eBay

They are not from the same factory that makes the Tylt, but they also have 3 coils, work very well and are half the price.of a Tylt. The only thing is that you have to be willing to wait 10 days for them to get to you (in the US) from Hong Kong. My wife and I really like these.

Ted

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Yea if I hadn't been able to get the Tylt for half off on a cyber Monday deal I prob wouldn't have shelled out the cash for it either!