Galaxy S5 Case nightmare... Shouldn't be this hard.

Photojourno

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Been looking at different cases to put on my S5. From the family of Otterbox, to a few other alternatives, and eventually settling for the Lifeproof Fre case.

Not as dreadful as some of the reviews in Amazon and other major website sellers state, but the big turn off for me its the bubbley/flimsy plastic screen protector. Creates oil slicks, double taps on the screen, overall it takes away much of the quality of the screen image quality.

The big question, my reason for this post, comes from a couple of Incipio Atlas cases I got for my wife and daughter's iPhone 5s from Groupon. These costed me $55 for both of them, and not only are they extremely rugged, but they have a tempered glass/hard screen protector surface. That's awesome!..

Which Waterproof cases for the s5 come with a hard glass-type screen protector cover?...

I am not planning to go swimming with the thing, but also not wanting to leave my phone in the car if I take my kids to the waterpark. Wanna be able to wipe the phone with a towel from any offending drops, and that's that.

What would you recommend? I gotta send this case right back to Amazon, I don't think I will get used to it for the long run, even though I like it.

Well I did consider a Nuud from the same company, but thing is that its not out yet, no ETA, may not be out for a while, until they get rid of a few more thousand cases sold.

Any comments are super helpful. Thx in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_0516.jpg
    IMG_0516.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1107.jpg
    IMG_1107.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_6617.jpg
    IMG_6617.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 65

Photojourno

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I just got off the phone with LifeProof, and they explained that there are some well known issues with the case. They are working on a v2.0 for the Fre, and will be releasing it in a month tops. They also stated that I could either return the case and wait for the new improved version, or that I could wait, as I would be qualified for a replacement to the newer version. I am very happy with that, eager to see what the results are with the new case.
Also, asked about the LifeProof Nuud. She said that yes, they're releasing that particular case, however she evaded any requests for release dates, approximate time of year, etc.
Gonna stick with this for now, unless we can find another case with a hard/glass screen cover instead of this weird plasticy one.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Get your money back ! All Lifeproof cases pretty much suck. I returned mine for the Galaxy S5 the very next day after purchasing it.
Went through about 10-15 Lifeproof cases for the iPhone 5 and they were all garbage.
Trust me, I know.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Which Waterproof cases for the s5 come with a hard glass-type screen protector cover?...

I am not planning to go swimming with the thing, but also not wanting to leave my phone in the car if I take my kids to the waterpark. Wanna be able to wipe the phone with a towel from any offending drops, and that's that.

Any comments are super helpful. Thx in advance!

Did I miss where people are having problems with the S5 being water resistant? I know the charging cover has to be in secure. But that's it.

I haven't been in here for awhile, so if you could post a link to the discussion I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance