Replica / fake Spigen Tough Armor case I received

sirderpalot

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Just wanted to make a post about the fake spigen case I received from ebay. In the link I provide direct comparisons to both the real and replica spigen case. Regarding the ebay seller, their communication was very good and gave a full refund and allowed me to keep the replica case since there were some ebay technical difficulties/glitches. I'm going to withhold the ebay seller name for various reasons.

A note on the replica case. I got it for $12 including shipping. It is a pretty darn good replica, it would be hard to tell it's fake without holding it up close and examining it which is pretty much what I did when I first picked it up. I was thinking to myself this case doesn't seem completely right when I first opened up the package. It does have a slightly looser fit, you can see a little more bezel while the phone is inside.

This link has side by side comparisons of both cases with descriptions: https://imgur.com/a/bhbIJ

Hope this post helps out some others :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah certainly a lot of fakes going around especially on cases and sd cards. I would only buy from a large reputable retailer (not even ebay sellers that have a lot of feedback). Glad you got a refund. Typically they are quick to refund once you let them know the problem since they don't want negative feedback.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
12.00 would have given it away for me for a spigen case.

It depends, i got a genuine spigen slim armor case for my note 3 for $6 and case mate pop for $5. I also bought a few otterbox armor cases for iPhones for $5.

HAWK

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
It depends, i got a genuine spigen slim armor case for my note 3 for $6 and case mate pop for $5. I also bought a few otterbox armor cases for iPhones for $5.

Is that right? Wow never came across a deal like that before.

alxarambula

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I remember buying a replacement Otterbox case for my Samsung Galaxy S3 because my case had gotten all beat up and discolored. I bought it through Amazon Prime and it was a really bad fake in what seemed to be original packaging. I made a complaint and they replaced it. So yeah even big name stores are susceptible to this unfortunately. Thankfully I had my original case and was able to spot it right away otherwise I probably would have thought it was real.

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I remember buying a replacement Otterbox case for my Samsung Galaxy S3 because my case had gotten all beat up and discolored. I bought it through Amazon Prime and it was a really bad fake in what seemed to be original packaging. I made a complaint and they replaced it. So yeah even big name stores are susceptible to this unfortunately. Thankfully I had my original case and was able to spot it right away otherwise I probably would have thought it was real.

Did you buy from amazon directly, or through a third party fulfilled by Amazon?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Is that right? Wow never came across a deal like that before.

upe6y6yd.jpg

gype2unu.jpg

zy8ahaza.jpg

uja3uzud.jpg

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Third party fulfilled Amazon.

Yeah I avoid third party on Amazon most of the time, and especially for things easy to fake like cases. Too many of fakes.I only buy directly from amazon. The good thing is amazon stands behind FBA and will take care of you. But I suspect many people get fakes and don't even realize it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie