Hey everybody, I've been looking to get a smart watch to go along with my S5. My question is: which smart watch do you think is best out there. What are the things I have to take under consideration. Is it even worth to get a smart watch right now. All opinions are welcome thanks.

Posted via Verizon Galaxy S5😎
    tamakhan likes this.
    09-25-2014 12:10 PM
    Did you find one? Or does anyone else have some ideas? Most likely any will work, but just wondering if there is one that will work. The Pebble looks like one I could afford, but curious about others too. I did a search but there were only a few answers and none for the S5, so I was curious about what S5 owners used.
    04-02-2015 05:51 PM
    The Pebble is great to use and good value for money. I use it mainly to control my music and to view and reply to notifications. The battery life it also great. I get 5-7 days on my pebble steel

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-04-2015 08:04 PM
    I have the galaxy gear 2 neo the one without the camera... it all depends on the functionality your looking for. For me it was just for notifications. I sometimes leave my phone on my desk at work while I work on the floor. I get all my messages, emails and social media/sport's notifications through out the day. I also don't have to check my phone every time I feel the buzz in my front pocket.

It's a great watch but like I said it's all about the functionality you are looking for.

04-04-2015 10:36 PM
    It's not a smart watch but I really like the MI Band by xiaomi. It only has three LEDs which you can customize for each app. The best part is that it costs about $20 here in the US ($13 in China but you have to pay for shipping etc)

04-08-2015 10:12 AM
    Thanks everyone.

Now that new watches are coming, the last generations are going on sale. I'm so tempted but still not sure. I don't think I want the Pebble. It's nice, but I want more. I watched a few youtube videos and read reviews, so it's between the Moto 360 and Samsung Gear 2 Neo....

Moto 360 is down to $179 at Amazon and Best Buy
    Samsung Gear 2 Neo is down to $169 on Amazon Best buy is $170 or so.

From what I read it's possible Samsung will come out with theirs first. And possibly soon. The Neo was released May 2014. So now I'm not sure which ones, or wait. I do like the round clock face, but still debating. I have a small MP3 player with a square screen that I used for years, so the screen size will be no big deal to me.

Maybe I'll just go to Best Buy and see which ones I like. I know the one on my way home from work has both.
    04-10-2015 02:31 PM
    I ended up getting the Gear 2 Neo. I had to search on how to set it up, found it in Android Central of course
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=379845

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Best smart watch for S5-20150411_105138.jpg   Best smart watch for S5-20150411_105217.jpg   Best smart watch for S5-20150411_105228.jpg  
    fredd17 and AXEL314 like this.
    04-11-2015 11:55 AM
    How are you liking your gear 2 neo? I just bought my last night and love the ease of use and how light it is - perfect with the S5. I actually had purchased the moto 360 around launch and was a little disappointed by it (not a true round face, clipping of images, constantly swiping to navigate).

The neo is a great little smartwatch that definitely covers the basic needs I was looking for. I've downloaded two apps so far: fleksy (keyboard for replying to messages) and Infinity Watch (apple watch style clock face, extremely functional home screen).

debdroid1a likes this.
    04-29-2015 01:42 AM
    I love my watch. I downloaded the Analog Digital Watch With Battery Bar, which also has the date. This allows me to change the background. It needs to be dark background, but it works nice. I like the look. I saw the infinity style, but wanted mine a little different then the apple watch. I'll check out the text app.

I love getting notifications on this. Since the lollipop update I have to log into my phone to see my notifications. I keep watch on vibrate.

I also use the step, tried the sleep once at first and is fine. Heat rate works pretty good, checked it against my S5 and it was the same then close. Accidentally pressed music player and my phone started playing music. Find my divide works on this and my phone to find the watch. Called my works voice mail from it, but since I don't talk on a phone much I haven't really tried it. TV remote didn't work, but neither does my phone with my TV. Weather works. Transferred a few photos for backgrounds and that works.

Attached Thumbnails Best smart watch for S5-20150414_073413.jpg  
    05-12-2015 08:05 PM
    Sorry thought that was one with the app. That was one I took a pic of my skirt to match. And in this forum app I'm not sure how to edit a photo.

This one was a free clip art, took a pic from the computer screen, then put it on my watch. One of my favorite since I wear a lot of blue. The battery bar is across the top of the screen.

Attached Thumbnails Best smart watch for S5-20150415_111225-1.jpg  
    05-12-2015 08:08 PM
    Haha, great idea with the clip art - actually looks really cool

05-13-2015 01:40 AM
    My watch I want is called Pebble, you can get it for a hundred dollars

06-05-2015 09:17 PM
    I have switched my Samsung Gear Neo for the LG G Watch R.... absolutely love it!!! ☺😊

Attached Thumbnails Best smart watch for S5-img_20150907_181530_01.jpg  
    09-07-2015 08:23 PM