Verus Iron Shield

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Verus Iron Shield is back!

So verus was having a Facebook giveaway Friday. I won a case of my choice. So of course I chose the iron shield in titanium. As I was communicating my info, I mentioned my wife would be jealous so verus offered up a free case for her s5 as well! This is a great company! Can't wait for my iron shield to arrive in 3-5.

Posted via the Android Central App

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

I have a Titanium color frame I'm willing to sell for $23 shipped. Just PM me. I can send pics, all that fun stuff to verify that I have it.

I got it, used it for about a week, decided I like one of my other cases better. Nothing bad to say about the case at all, just not for me.

Nobbb

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site

Just saw a youtube video of someone's review on this case. He stated that the side buttons were absolutely terrible and hard to press.
Can anyone here confirm that? Was about to order this case because it looks amazing.

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

Just saw a youtube video of someone's review on this case. He stated that the side buttons were absolutely terrible and hard to press.
Can anyone here confirm that? Was about to order this case because it looks amazing.

If you go watch flossy carter's review of this case, he speaks very highly of it. And this guy gets tons of cases and reviews them. Should be "a win"

Nobbb

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site

If you go watch flossy carter's review of this case, he speaks very highly of it. And this guy gets tons of cases and reviews them. Should be "a win"

Yeah Flossy Carter's review was the first one I watched. Then I watched another one which talked about the bad buttons.
So just wanted to make sure which one is more accurate from our fellows here who bought the same case :)

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

Yeah Flossy Carter's review was the first one I watched. Then I watched another one which talked about the bad buttons.
So just wanted to make sure which one is more accurate from our fellows here who bought the same case :)

I'll have mine in a few days. I'll let my opinion be known.

Rally Android

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

My review after a few hours of use.

Not sure if it's worth the price honestly. First off I got the blue version. It doesn't look like the anodized blue color that is shown on the product images. The aluminum shows discoloration on one of the edges. The button blue color doesn't match the aluminum frame blue color. And yes, the buttons are hard to press. My previous case, which looked like this one, but has a plastic frame, had a nice tactile feel when you pressed the power or volume buttons. On this one, you can't feel it. On the power button I'm OK with, because it's harder to accidentally turn off your phone during use, but for the volume buttons it's a drag.

If this was a $10-15 case, I'd be OK, but I paid around $30 for it. Am I going to go through the hassle of exchanging it? No, I just won't ever pay for another one from this company again.

Brian Kenny

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site

I posted the pictures on a couple websites and Verus sent me a free case for it... great company!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20141130_103607.jpg
    IMG_20141130_103607.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 104

Brian Kenny

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site

Flossin!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-02-10-42-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-02-10-42-15.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 103

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

It's not that they are hard to press, it is that you get no tactile feedback from them when you do. You really only know the screen is off when you press the button when the screen turns off. Ditto turning the volume down. So it is sort of annoying because you end up pressing the button, then having to look down at your phone to make sure that you got the desired effect.

If you are okay with that, it is probably the most beautiful case I've ever had for a phone.

Brian Kenny

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site

Picked up some lollipop icons in the playstore

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-04-13-24-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-04-13-24-40.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 92

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

Anyone have this yet and can post close up pics?

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

I got mine today. No difference in signal strength at my home. I do have to agree with the earlier comment about the buttons not giving a firm click when pressed. You don't really know when you're pressing a button until you see something happen on screen. Other than that, it feels very nice and premium. The back is my favorite part surprisingly. Very soft touch.

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site

I just got an iron shield case and I can confirm it does work with the Verizon model. They updated their case the same way spigen did. The frame has the same size holes but the inner part of the case has a widened hole.

Attachments

• 1418103838876.jpg
    1418103838876.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 1418103848070.jpg
    1418103848070.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 38