I bought a new S5 and direct from Samsung I bought the wallet flip cover case with the credit card pocket in it. The back is stamped with the word Samsung and the front is stamped with the word GalaxyS5.

I love to keep my phone screen pristine and this seemed to me to be the answer.

I never put anything in the credit card slot inside the cover. I love how slim this setup is and I can talk on the phone without opening the cover.

Now to the point. After a few months there appeared a line rubbed into my screen exactly at the level of the top slit or edge of the credit card slot. This is not a smear but an actual abrasion line permanently cut across the screen.

I contacted Samsung support and they said I should have used a screen protector and that was the end of the conversation.

• Why should I need a screen protector with a leather flip cover?
    • If I need one why wasn't there a warning or suggestion on the package?
    • This has to have happened to others too
    • Can I get this issue fixed by Samsung, It's their product and design?

My phone is not pristine anymore. Because of this I am no longer a Samsung fan and I will be considering other options in the future.
    07-14-2015 10:19 AM
    Is it a pen/ink mark? Is it a scratch mark? If it is a ink mark, try painting it with the same accurate color. If it is a scratch mark, consider buying another one and sell the old one.
    07-14-2015 10:42 AM
    It is a scratch or rub mark on the phone screen caused by the protective case.
    07-14-2015 10:49 AM
    It is a scratch or rub mark on the phone screen caused by the protective case.
    That's not good. Do you have any screen protectors? Well if not, consider having another LED screen. If you can't afford it, sorry.
    08-22-2015 03:24 AM