After dropping my Galaxy S5, my S view cover popped off the phone, and when I put it back on, my S view functionality stopped working. After trying many things I took a closer look at the cover itself. What I noticed is that on the little micro chip on the inside back of the case, it looks like the spots where the chip actually makes contact with the corresponding prongs on the phone, that it is missing the metal contacts. When I look at pictures of the inside of other S view cases, it would appear that there are actually metal contacts. Can someone confirm that there is indeed metal contacts on the chip? If there is, it would appear mine have popped off the chip explaining why my cover has stopped working. I have a picture of my S view cover but I do not know how to include it in this post.
    05-25-2016 10:54 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Moving this to the S5 Accessories forum.

Here's how to post images: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-central.html

I would guess that you're correct--the contacts on the case fell off, and the phone can no longer recognize it as an S View case. There's a picture of the inside of the case in this review: Samsung S5 S-view case review - Coolsmartphone
    05-26-2016 12:31 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Moving this to the S5 Accessories forum.

Here's how to post images: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-central.html

I would guess that you're correct--the contacts on the case fell off, and the phone can no longer recognize it as an S View case. There's a picture of the inside of the case in this review: Samsung S5 S-view case review - Coolsmartphone
    Thanks for your reply. Definitely from looking at the picture in the review article, my case has been damaged. Mine is missing the metal contacts. Time for a new case.
    Thanks for your assistance, and your help on how to post images. Very much appreciated. Cheers!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-26-2016 09:23 PM