Galaxy s5 lcd replacement

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi!

My S5's LCD has given up, so I'm looking for replacement. Since I couldn't find any in the official stores around in the city, I've started looking around on ebay, and found the step-by-step cheap but difficult replacement (glass only) and the more expensive but easier - full LCD replacement - and here wheres my question comes in. Since the LCD isn't working, I need a full replacement, but I've found many variants - the sellers list them as "G900P", "G900F", "G900M" etc etc. Why's that? I'm aware what the variants mean (since I f*cked up and ordered a Sprint variant - G900P - for an european use..I can't use 4g on it, but I've learned to live with it) .. but what does it have to do with the LCD itself? Is the antenna located (guessing the variants have to do with different antennas? correct me if I'm wrong) on the LCD?? What should I order? I have a G900P but wanted a G900F - ordering an F LCD would change that? Sorry for the stupid questions, would really appreciate the help.

Thank you in advance,
Thomas

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi!

My S5's LCD has given up, so I'm looking for replacement. Since I couldn't find any in the official stores around in the city, I've started looking around on ebay, and found the step-by-step cheap but difficult replacement (glass only) and the more expensive but easier - full LCD replacement - and here wheres my question comes in. Since the LCD isn't working, I need a full replacement, but I've found many variants - the sellers list them as "G900P", "G900F", "G900M" etc etc. Why's that? I'm aware what the variants mean (since I f*cked up and ordered a Sprint variant - G900P - for an european use..I can't use 4g on it, but I've learned to live with it) .. but what does it have to do with the LCD itself? Is the antenna located (guessing the variants have to do with different antennas? correct me if I'm wrong) on the LCD?? What should I order? I have a G900P but wanted a G900F - ordering an F LCD would change that? Sorry for the stupid questions, would really appreciate the help.

Thank you in advance,
Thomas

There may be differences with where the antennas are located, or the type of connectors that are used. I would highly suggest sticking with the exact replacement panel for your device. Also, make sure you get the full replacement, panel, glass, etc. There may be options that even have some of the additional hardware included reducing the number of pieces you need to move over. This will make the repair go a lot smoother.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar