Worried about buttons wearing out?

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Are you guys worried about the buttons wearing out over time? I tend to touch then a lot and wonder if this will ever happen. The home button feels a little different then the other 2..

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about it. I've been using my S4 for a year and the button is just as clicky as when I got it. I've used other people's S3s and those are fine as well.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about it. I've been using my S4 for a year and the button is just as clicky as when I got it. I've used other people's S3s and those are fine as well.

I was just worried because the home button just doesn't feel or click as good as the other 2.. Maybe because the button is bigger. .I think I worry too much. LOL

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I was just worried because the home button just doesn't feel or click as good as the other 2.. Maybe because the button is bigger. .I think I worry too much. LOL

Have you compared it to any other S5 Actives? I'm not sure how clicky it is, but if it's less than other models it might just be your phone.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Have you compared it to any other S5 Actives? I'm not sure how clicky it is, but if it's less than other models it might just be your phone.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

No I haven't. And the phone and the buttons work fine. Just noticed it just a little easier to press. And doesn't always have that click feel. As long as it's working, I guess I shouldn't worry about it too much..

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm worried about the GS5's turn off button, it just feels weird.
Yes, it is a little flimsy feeling and WAY to easy to press. It used to turn on all the time in my pocket because it has very little resistance and is so sensitive. Now I have an extremely thin rubber/silicone case on the phone which has fixed the issue.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
For anyone having problems, try comparing it with other devices. I wouldn't worry much. These devices are tested to last. Although things do break, it's not something to worry about and lessen your enjoying the device. Remember, there's a warranty to cover these types of things. So let that provide some peace and mind when using the device.

rpoli86

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I've had this phone for four days and I literally just pressed my back button and the little green mesh on the inside of the arrow is lifted. I can take my finger nail and prob snap it off.

I love this phone but I'm worried if you don't push the button right in the middle that the pressure is gonna force other pieces of the buttons up. Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to switch to the regular GS5.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I've had this phone for four days and I literally just pressed my back button and the little green mesh on the inside of the arrow is lifted. I can take my finger nail and prob snap it off.

I love this phone but I'm worried if you don't push the button right in the middle that the pressure is gonna force other pieces of the buttons up. Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to switch to the regular GS5.

Sorry to hear this. Do far I have no issues at all really. I've been trying to also hit them right in the middle. I've only had it 2 weeks. Hopefully it lasts. If you only have had it 4 days, take it back. It's probably a defect. Mine are not lifting at all. Tell them the buttons aren't working right. They should swap it out.

rpoli86

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to hear this. Do far I have no issues at all really. I've been trying to also hit them right in the middle. I've only had it 2 weeks. Hopefully it lasts. If you only have had it 4 days, take it back. It's probably a defect. Mine are not lifting at all. Tell them the buttons aren't working right. They should swap it out.

AT&T ended up swapping it out for another model. No problems as of yet. Thanks guys.

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Hmm I don't think I ever kept a phone long enough for anything to wear out. LoL

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk