S5 Active and New iPhone 6

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
So I'm sure you all know the new iPhone is due out next week. Apple says it's the biggest update since the 3GS. That's great and I'm happy for iPhone fans but I've been doing some serious thinking about that. It probably is the biggest update since iPhone has been lagging behind everyone else in features for a while now. A lot of what it will offer is already out there in some form on other phones. I am glad to see it finally get bigger and now you have a choice between two sizes. Nice but the bottom line here is that it really doesn't offer me any reason to switch from my S5 Active. Sure it's new and shiny and has lots of hoopla behind it but when you come right down to it, it's still the same old look (row after row of icons) and that's my biggest gripe I guess. Now if they can inch a little closer to something like Windows Phone live tiles, then we can talk. For now, I can't even find a compelling reason to entertain the thought of iPhone. P.S. They are still stuck with a lower res camera (8mp) which some are already complaining about because it "protrudes". Fickle iPhone fans I guess. Still lovin' my Active :)

Last edited:

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
So I'm sure you all know the new iPhone is due out next week. Apple says it's the biggest update since the 3GS. That's great and I'm happy for iPhone fans but I've been doing some serious thinking about that. It probably is the biggest update since iPhone has been lagging behind everyone else in features for a while now. A lot of what it will offer is already out there in some form on other phones. I am glad to see it finally get bigger and now you have a choice between two sizes. Nice but the bottom line here is that it really doesn't offer me any reason to switch from my S5 Active. Sure it's new and shiny and has lots of hoopla behind it but when you come right down to it, it's still the same old look (row after row of icons) and that's my biggest gripe I guess. Now if they can inch a little closer to something like Windows Phone live tiles, then we can talk. For now, I can't even find a compelling reason to entertain the thought of iPhone. P.S. They are still stuck with a lower res camera (8mp) which some are already complaining about because it "protrudes". Fickle iPhone fans I guess. Still lovin' my Active :)

Stay ture to your Android the s5 active is a beast

Posted via Android Central App

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I might also add that I went in to see this great new iPhone 6 and was very surprised and not in a good way. I have never liked iOS but I have always admired the build of the iPhones. Not anymore. These news one are thinner and lighter and made of what appears to be brushed aluminum - VERY slippery. The big one looks EXACTLY like the little one. Big deal. If I was an iPhone loyalist, I'd be very upset simply because the new iPhones no longer have that unique look we all recognize when we see one. It now looks like any other smart phone other than the little round button. So in short, there is now nothing to like about it unless you simply love iOS (which I don't)

anon(9126477)

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Haha. I had one for a week and took it back. The phone is hideous looking. I, agree Apple needed to update to bigger phones but it seems as if it was an afterthought when they designed these.
To me it was rushed just so they could say okay look at this. I have a hard time believing Ives was all in, on this design. I'm thinking he was forced to like it and he spent hours in the restroom throwing up. Looking at that phone is like waking up next to the beer 30 girl you took home the night before.
LMAO

Posted via the Android Central App

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Haha yes the new iPhone looks cheap and bland the 5s was the best looking iphone ever love my note 3 can't wait for the note 4

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Haha yes the new iPhone looks cheap and bland the 5s was the best looking iphone ever love my note 3 can't wait for the note 4

I agree completely. They should have retained more of that "iPhone" look. If I ever had a thought of having an iPhone again, I won't now. You're right in saying the iPhone 5 was the best looking of the bunch. If they had made that iPhone 6+ more in the iPhone style, I would have liked it a lot more but they still need to revamp that tired OS. I'm using an S5 Active right now which I love and next year I plan to add the Note 4 to my family. Can't wait.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781