Wifi saves even if I drive my car down road

ttreewalkerr

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I been noticing my wifi saved location spots are incredibly increasing,, even driving down road it will save every Tim Hortons and every McDonald's on my drive. How do I have it only save spots I approve.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen a general 'auto connect' option, but if there's any, it should be under your Advanced WiFi Settings. Maybe the 'Passpoint' option (the only one I see for autoconnection) is active and these hotspots happen to be passpoint enabled?

BettysNephew

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
FWIW, I have not been having that issue with my Active. I opened WIFI and then touched the more icon (three vertical dots top right of screen). Then Advanced. The notifications box is checked but the Passpoint option is not checked. I will watch closer later as I will be out and around town.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, it should just notify you of any open networks around you (again, if you have that option enabled), but AFAIK it shouldn't connect automatically to just any open network. UNLESS this is an AT&T phone connecting to AT&T WiFi access points. It seems they built this feature into their ROMs and from their help page at least, there's no way to turn it off, it just connects automatically when you're in range, but I've only seen this for the S5, I don't see how it would be different for the 5 Active.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The S5 active is just the rugged version of the S5. But if you're not on AT&T this wouldn't apply anyway. So weird though.

BettysNephew

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
FWIW, I have not been having that issue with my Active. I opened WIFI and then touched the more icon (three vertical dots top right of screen). Then Advanced. The notifications box is checked but the Passpoint option is not checked. I will watch closer later as I will be out and around town.

I have been out and about a few times now and do not connect to WIFI as I pass by. If I have the WIFI screen open it does show what is available but no autoconnect that I have encountered as of this time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol