Accessories

Joe Miller29

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Love the phone just wish there was some cases for it i have found only a very few.. I know it's supposed to be more rugged but I still wouldn't mind having a nice case for extra protection. If anyone finds any nice cases or accessories for the Active let me know. Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

BettysNephew

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I have mine in a Case Mate Sport that I got at the AT&T store. It is a very close match to my red phone, but they had other colors. The back is a dark gray and will hold credit cards or DL/ID in a slot.

chraos

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I picked up that Body Glove case at AT&T a couple days ago. They only charged me 15 bucks for some reason.

Good: snug fit, protects well, straightens out the edges so it sits in a dash dock properly

Bad: curved back makes it wobble when you type on a desk and spin around if you bump it with your finger inadvertently when reaching for it. Annoying enough that I don't use it now.

Also I think this phone needs to breathe a bit--it gets pretty hot in this case.

Chris

Posted via the Android Central App

BettysNephew

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I believe by the looks of it my Case Mate Sport is slightly bulkier than the Body Glove. The back is a harder plastic so it will slide if set on a smooth surface but it is flat. If it is set face down the outer rim is grippier (is that a real word?) and it doesn't slide around so easily. Another possible "feature" is that the card slot on the back allows for air circulation to the back of the phone. Might not work so much if you have a couple of cards in there but mine is open and I have noticed no heat build up. I still wish Ballistic would make a Hybrid type case for the S5 Active, I had excellent luck with one when my old Motorola was dropped several times and sustained no damage.

rtuite

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm really happy with my Case Mate Hula. I got the red S5 Active becasue I think it looks awesome, and hated to hide it in a case since it's already supposed to be rugged. I was just worried about corners & I didn't feel like the sides give a positive grip. This case gives you a nice lip around the screen, and the black/clear looks nice (at least on my phone), while leaving the back exposed. It doesn't add any bulk and slides in and out of the pocket easily, but not too easily.