So, I've only had the S5 Active about 2 weeks after defecting from Apple lol. So far so good, learning new things daily. Now, I've let my phone completely die about 7 times before possibly keeping it plugged in while at work while listening to music and so forth. I've noticed that the phone can go for over 24 hours before being charged but now all of a sudden the battery goes down quickly now. I'll take it off the charger at 100% and immediately it will go down to 99. From there I can maybe look at a few things and it be at 95%. I close all apps out when finished. is this normal for it to jump so quickly on a drain?
    10-01-2014 07:15 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! There can be various factors at work. It may depend on what the device is doing in the background. Sometimes a reboot helps, and sometimes you may want to wipe the cache partition: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 5 | T-Mobile Support
    10-01-2014 07:54 PM
    Comparing life over 24 hours to how quickly it goes down to 95% doesn't mean anything. Does it now last a lot less or does it still give you all day performance with a substantial amount of battery left when you recharge (comparable to the 24 hours you mentioned)? If not, have you recently installed new apps? It may be a rogue app that's draining your battery if indeed your battery is draining more than previously.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-02-2014 08:25 AM
    Thanks! I can still get a full day (except for today due to lots of use). I just was confused on how I could take it off the charger at 100% and within minutes it already be down to 95%. I thought maybe a strong start and then something I did wrong to make the battery all wonky. I stumbled across by accident where it told me what apps were running in the background that used a high amount of ram. Not a clue how I got there. I will however review different things as far as the wiping cache and maybe an app recently downloaded. Regardless, extremely happy with this phone and the choice to move away from iPhone.
    10-02-2014 11:17 PM
    Oh one more question. I've let the phone die quite a few times as I've always heard it's best to do that with a lithium battery. Is it OK to keep it on a charger all day after you do that about 6 or 7 times or do you recommend letting go the phone completely die each time? With the iPhone I'd see it was at 35% and throw it on the charger or if I was at work all day streaming music....charger. suggestions?
    10-03-2014 10:30 AM
    It is not a good idea to let lithium batteries die on a regular basis. The more you do this, the more chance there is that you'll accidentally let the battery sit without charging after the automatic shutoff, which can lead to the battery draining to true zero. Then it's irreversibly dead.

Some authorities recommend charging when you get down to around 40%, to maximize total battery life. Letting it sit on charger shouldn't impact overall battery life--you can't overcharge, and the device itself is smart enough to reduce the current it's getting to a tiny trickle.
    10-03-2014 05:36 PM
    Ok that makes complete sense. Thanks to you all for the help! Once I get a little more experience with my phone, hopefully I can help someone else with questions.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-03-2014 05:50 PM
    Admitted iphone fanatic aka isheep.

I notice the longer I use the phone and charge when needed the better the battery performance becomes.
    10-08-2014 02:54 AM
    I have mine on Power Save Mode with just restrict performance cpu restriction on and I notice excellent battery life and I always close down apps after use too!

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-13-2014 12:40 PM
    I had the same problem. I solved my problem by using the charger that came with the phone. I was using an old MicroUSB and the battery would lose power like crazy, once i switched back to the original charger that came with the phone the problem was solved.

I'm hoping that is your problem too. If you are using the original charger i do not know how to help.
    10-15-2014 06:59 PM