Okay. I have a Galaxy S5 Active and i have two active Email accounts. One is my College Email account that i cannot delete because i need it for school and what not. My second is my Gmail account. I have both accounts on my phone and they work perfectly fine, here is my question though.

The phone comes with two apps for Emails (Email and Gmail). I enjoy the Gmail app very much and would like to use that app for both my Gmail account and my other email account and basically what i would like to know is; Can i add non Gmail accounts to my Gmail app on my phone?

I have both accounts synced on my phone and i use the Email app to manage both accounts, i just enjoy the Gmail app a lot more and would like to use that app as my primary app for answering emails. The other account that i have is through Microsoft Outlook.
    10-15-2014 06:52 PM
    no. Gmail App is for Gmail only.
    10-15-2014 07:01 PM
    Thank you. I'll just have to wait until i'm out of school to make that my primary app
    10-15-2014 07:12 PM
    Why not just set a rule in Outlook that forwards all messages to your Gmail address so you can reply to them from there?
    TechNut79 likes this.
    10-16-2014 07:45 PM
    Okay. I have a Galaxy S5 Active and i have two active Email accounts. One is my College Email account that i cannot delete because i need it for school and what not. My second is my Gmail account. I have both accounts on my phone and they work perfectly fine, here is my question though.

The phone comes with two apps for Emails (Email and Gmail). I enjoy the Gmail app very much and would like to use that app for both my Gmail account and my other email account and basically what i would like to know is; Can i add non Gmail accounts to my Gmail app on my phone?

I have both accounts synced on my phone and i use the Email app to manage both accounts, i just enjoy the Gmail app a lot more and would like to use that app as my primary app for answering emails. The other account that i have is through Microsoft Outlook.
    coming soon?

Upcoming version of Gmail app adds Yahoo and Outlook account support | Android Central
    10-20-2014 10:22 AM