So it finally did it, called 911 in pocket...

Resendetra

May 21, 2013
Visit site
My boyfriend decided to take the Casemate Hula bumper off his phone, since the case couldn't hold up to being in a factory workers pocket 12 hours a day (it broke). So instead of getting a different case, he hasn't used one. Instead, he decided to lock the phone with the pattern lock again, that way it wouldn't pocket dial anyone so easily. Bad idea.

AT&T hasn't put out the 4.4.4 update that stops being able to pocket dial 911 so easily when the phone is locked.

Last night at 3:30am, I was just sitting here playing video games, when all of a sudden I see a flash of light. My boyfriend wasn't home from work yet, so I figured it was either him or one of his friends pulling into the driveway. I heard the door bell, so I went to go see who it was. It was two policemen. Great! I freaked out, because usually the cops aren't at our door.

The one cop wanted to know if I was okay and that a number called them that was associated with my name and address (the account is in my name). I told him that I didn't know the number, only because I couldn't think right then. They apologized for giving me a small heart attack and left.

I called him to make sure he was okay and told him about the cops. That's when he checked his phone and noticed he actually did dial 911 from his pocket. First time that has ever happened from any phone we've ever had. I wish we could get the update, so it's not so easy to do.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 Active using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Well that was an adventure.:confused: You could consider installing an alternate lockscreen (like WidgetLocker), which might make it a bit harder to accidentally dial 911.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Well that was an adventure.:confused: You could consider installing an alternate lockscreen (like WidgetLocker), which might make it a bit harder to accidentally dial 911.
Yeah alternate lock screen should do the trick. I use cover and when locked, I have to swipe to go to the stock lock screen

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

4runnerbrett

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I miss the old lock screens where you had to slide a puzzle piece into its spot to unlock. Made it less likely for phone to unlock itself

Posted via the Android Central App

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Here's a good one...THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT a pocket friendly phone!

I was jogging, listening to Pandora; the music suddenly goes silent, figuring it may have tried to connect to my wifi, (I jog near my house) I took the phone from my pocked, noticed that I had wifi off, and that the screen was on. A bit puzzled as to why Pandora was closed, I went to my screen where pandora icon was...and it was gone! Went to apps, and not there...went to Settings>App Manager....you guessed it...not there!! Somehow, Pandora uninstalled itself....had to reinstall!!

I now have set up Pattern Unlock, hopefully that will prevent issues like this. I'VE NEVER had this issue with any other phone I've owned. But, I still love the S5, so I'll get over it. LOL!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams