made the switch

akcowboi

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Just got an active. Switching from iphone. So far having fun just setting up, anything I need to know?

Posted via the Android Central App

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Keep a battery charger nearby. NewUseritis kills even the strongest battery. LoL Just do yourself a BIG favor, no matter what you read or heard. The S5 is not waterproof or shockproof!!! If it was Samsung would cover any damages, but if you read the warranty if shows that the warranty is "Void if it has been dropped or wet" But feel free to ask any questions, I have had mine for about a month now. I like it, but miss a few things from my last phone. No wireless charging. :( Also it has USB2.0 and not 3.0, so no fast charge. But a couple hours seem to be enough to fill up from 30%..

akcowboi

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! Just figured out how to make folders, which helps with clutter. Don't know what all these repetitive preloaded apps are all about. There's like 4 messaging apps, 5 music apps etc. Also shopping for a case now, thanks for the heads up!

Posted via the Android Central App

Resendetra

May 21, 2013
Visit site
The battery isn't that bad, it can last a good 20 hours on one charge, depending on settings (example - turn brightness down). Also, I have charged from close to 0% and it usually takes an hour to get to 100% for me. Make sure you use the cord it came with for best results.

I have used this phone in a pool, but as said before, it's not waterproof, but is water resistant, as long as the USB and back cover are all the way closed. As for the USB cover, it has fallen off for many users of the normal s5 and probably people with the Active also. Mine hasn't yet, but it isn't as secure as it used to be. I think it's because some people have a hard time opening it, myself included.

Make sure to find a good case, something that has an edge that sits above the screen a bit, because the buttons and screen are very sensitive to touch, and the phone can activate easily. If you decide to do pattern lock to help with the occasional random opening of apps or pocket dialing someone, watch out for the on screen 911 touch button. AT&T never put out the newest Kit Kat update (they're waiting for Lollipop instead), which fixed pocket dialing 911.

It's a great phone, has a lot of life, just a few quirks here and there.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Active using Tapatalk

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I get that. My daughter just got the S5 Active today after 6 years (crazy kid) on iPhones. She's never had an Android phone before. I was of course totally shocked that she wanted it but I think she was getting tired of iOS and she especially had latched her eyes onto the Gear 2 (which she also got). She left out of town right after that so I won't know how it all went until she gets back. Should be very interesting.

Active55

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I get that. My daughter just got the S5 Active today after 6 years (crazy kid) on iPhones. She's never had an Android phone before. I was of course totally shocked that she wanted it but I think she was getting tired of iOS and she especially had latched her eyes onto the Gear 2 (which she also got). She left out of town right after that so I won't know how it all went until she gets back. Should be very interesting.

What? She didn't have her eye on the new Gear S??? I'm about a month into making the jump to the Gear S on my wrist as my ONLY phone and loving it, but considering adding an Android V4.3 or higher phone to make it fully functional like the S5 Active. Enjoy.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
What? She didn't have her eye on the new Gear S??? I'm about a month into making the jump to the Gear S on my wrist as my ONLY phone and loving it, but considering adding an Android V4.3 or higher phone to make it fully functional like the S5 Active. Enjoy.

She probably would have gotten the S if it didn't actually require another data line which I couldn't (or want) to get. She was just as happy with the Gear 2 though which she immediately used to turn off all the TV's at a local restaurant (rotten kid) :p

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Though I use my Note 3 as a primary phone....a couple months ago, I put away my company's iphone 5s they bought me, and replaced it with an s5 Active!. Loving every minute of it.! The confidence I have now, that while performing my tasks at work, that i have a phone that can stand up to the elements!

Really, really, loving this phone!

Chris

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908