I have always used SD cards in my phones. When I saw that the GS5 Active supported 128GB SD card I decided to get one.

I bought a SanDisk Ultra 128GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS from SanDisk thru Amazon.com back in September.

For several months everything was going fine. I had a long trip with no internet and was happy to have all my music and videos available. I have written to 83GB of the available 119GB and had no issues.

Today I am recording a video to the SD card. After recording 28 minutes of video (2.8GB) I stopped and it seemed like everything was fine. I go to play the file and it says it can't. I restart the device and try again, but now I can't find the file. I know where it was, nothing.

Pull SD card out and read in computer, same thing can't find it. Put SD card back in phone. I record another video for 10 seconds. That video plays fine. I record a 2 minute video and it cannot be played.

Other files on SD card read just fine in phone and computer. So I back up everything else and try to FORMAT SD card. Phone says SD card is being checked . . . then stops and SD card still has all my data on it so I assume no formatting has occurred.

So do you think the SD card corrupt? Should I format and put back in phone?
    11-21-2014 07:22 PM