Now that you have owned your S5A for a time would you buy it again or just get a regular S5 and put it in an Otterbox or similar case? I'm somewhat beginning to feel there is not really that much advantage to the A but am generally satisfied with my purchase. Knowing what I know now, likely just a regular S5.
    01-02-2015 08:37 AM
    I would of just got the regular S5 myself thought I'd like this one better but i don't

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-02-2015 05:53 PM
    This one's fine (AT&T), but probably would get the Note 4 or "plain" s5.

Bill
    Joe Miller29 likes this.
    01-08-2015 03:40 PM
    Agreed, I would rather have just gotten the plain S5 and found a nice case. The Active is too slippery, and you can't do wireless charging. The extra button and camo back just aren't worth it. Kind of irritated I paid more for it. I really should've taken it back, but I had already returned a G3 just before that, and my wife was getting irritated for me not making up my mind, lol. But I should've just sucked up the $35 fee and took it back...
    01-12-2015 11:02 AM
    I enjoy the hardware buttons at the bottom and the extra active key, both are nice touches that I considered when picking the Active over the S5.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    clitrenta likes this.
    01-22-2015 10:53 AM
    I think I'd keep it. The only thing I don't like about it is its on/off button sensitivity....way too easy to pocket dial...or worse, it actually uninstalled my pandora app once..lol! Anyway, I love it as a work phone; I'm out in the elements from time to time, and the peace of mind (being water resistant) is hard to beat.

Got a Note 4 as a personal phone, so I have the best of both worlds!
    01-25-2015 06:37 PM
    Next time, I would not buy the Galaxy Active model. Initially, I wanted the active model so that I would not need to use a phone case. I have also noticed it is too slippery and have had to put a case on it anyway and then that adds to the bulk. Also, the active models do not have a good selection of cases to choose from.
    03-02-2015 01:38 PM
    Now that you have owned your S5A for a time would you buy it again or just get a regular S5 and put it in an Otterbox or similar case? I'm somewhat beginning to feel there is not really that much advantage to the A but am generally satisfied with my purchase. Knowing what I know now, likely just a regular S5.
    Nope. I got the active for a reason and not as much for its "ruggedness" as for the way it feels. I loved the feel of this phone from the first time I held it. The regular S5 would not have given me that.
    03-03-2015 12:48 PM
    Regular S5 for sure. The only difference that I have noticed from my friends s5 and my s5 active is the durability. So I should have just gone with the regular s5. Now that Samsung has failed me in there new s6 and s6 edge with no removable battery, and no micro sd card slot I will be going with the note 5 in hopes that they do not make that phone like the s6. If they do I will most likely go with LG or Google nexus. I have owned all of the Samsung Galaxy devices so far and I have loved everyone. Now that Samsung is moving toward the iPhone type design I am a little upset because they have always had a removable battery and micro sd card slot in all of these Galaxy devices. We will see what they do with the note 5 when it comes out!

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-03-2015 05:28 PM
    Now I hope they do an S6 Active, because the new S6 looks fragile. Glass back? No thanks, I don't want an old iPhone.

As far the S5 Active being slippery, I actually just strategically trimmed mine out on the sides and back with non-slip tape, similar to handgun grip tape. I made an Autobot logo for the back too. It adds very little bulk, but is WAY easier to hold onto. I even surrounded the power button, so it almost never restarts in my pocket anymore.
    03-06-2015 11:37 AM