Have the problems with the home button gone away or is it still an issue?
    04-17-2015 11:20 PM
    I got mine fixed before the update, followed someone's suggestion in that other thread. Though, I have not come across the home button issue in Lollipop
    04-18-2015 12:04 AM
    Haven't had a problem with the home button since I installed 5,0 actually haven't found any problems yet

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-18-2015 12:13 PM
    ok I have had the chance to try both 5.0.2 and 5.1granted these were both on a Google Nexus 7 2012.I also used both Nova TouchWiz on my device and later discovered Android 1 aka Google now launcher. I had way too many issues with the 5. 0. 2 ,and the 5.1 seem to be stable once I figured figured out that my device needed to sit by self while it was syncing data files and initializing The data and cache files to Storage, However, I must say 5. 0 installed to my S5 active and it was strange, and had somewhat different feel to it. Before the update , i factory reset my s5 active twice because it was really glitchy when I got it and my ringtones and other applications would just disappear completely .I've been inside out of that thing, aside from rooting and modding, and I've changed every setting to get it to run as smoothly as possible and save as much battery life as possible.When my s5 active was finished with the update. The operation and fluidity on my phone was great. Working in a manner like it has never done before. it was very responsive and I noticed some of the settings menus were changed very slightly.then Google started to restore apps update as put back apps, you name it. that's when it started to function just like its old self if not a little bit different for the worse .Samsung's built in Knox security environment as well as the security enhancements for Android coupled with the fact that Google and chrome all backup and automatically restore settings from and to your devices as well as sharing all of them to all of your devices unless settings turn off completely on every device and on every app on every copy even desktop as well. so even though my expectations for the experience of 5.0 lollipop on my s5 active were greatly exceeded, it was disappointing an hour later to see my phone practically back the way it was before I updated it which was plain boring and basically a chunk of plastic that had to many buttons that didn't do much. as for the Google issue I'm going to sign a Google account to every single one of my devices that way it only syncs to itselfand then I'll just set the cloud to share with each other..this syncing business is out of control I tell ya, lol
    Rob :-)
    04-18-2015 02:38 PM
    I installed this update last night....DON'T DO IT.... My active is running hot....the battery life is depleting quickly....the color scheme is terrible, all fluorescent colors (orange, yellow, blue)....Messaging changed to stupid bright chat bubbles with chat heads on the sides that you can't turn off....Fonts have changed, text size is smaller. My grown up S5 Active is now convenient for a 10-year old....SO SORRY I UPDATED. No turning back....I now have a Dr Suess phone!
    04-22-2015 08:59 AM
    The problem stopped for me. I don't like the color scheme though. Everything else has been great.
    04-23-2015 03:23 PM
    I absolutely hate this update!!! Isn't there any way I can go back easily? Everything is screwed up. I can't access new messages/notifications/music from the lock screen like I used to, it's too bright (the menus changed to all white instead of grey and black, and the orange and yellow headings), and my phone keeps overheating and the battery is dying way too quickly. My music files also keep disappearing. HELP! I JUST WANT TO GO BACK!
    birdieiceprincess and hene like this.
    04-23-2015 04:15 PM
    well I thought everybody should know that I had nova launcher originally before this update and it carried over the dinner started so many glitches that I somehow decided to put Google now launcher and now I am convinced that this update is specifically designed to be used with Google now launcher only. also when you go to the screen for the about phone or "About" device. at the very bottom was the section about Knox and that it was just there and what version it currently was. have you been known from a Samsung representative at the Knox encryption and security software features build any 2 Samsung devices is pretty much partially their active and mostly dormant until you the owner activate those features to licensing with Samsung or are activated through your carrieras far as I can tell only for certain features were activated from the NOC software such as the programs needed to locate your mobile and taking ministration of your device. Google now launcher however has full access to the NOC security software as well and all the features have been activated including the customization SDK to. Know as well as upgraded security enhancements and features throughout the phone with full permissions across the board. the reason behind this is because of the material design enhancements as well as voice activated control with limitless potential And reach throughout our device, across platforms through establishing new connections among applications which crossover to other platforms. anyone who's sideloaded OTA OTA updates lollipops and noticed apks in their system that were non functional and hidden those are for future use they will be unlocked/utilized at a later date While some are just "maybe we will do something with it..."
    04-24-2015 07:03 AM
    I 100% agree. I no longer can use my home button with out it every single time asking me what application I want to use. I go into settings and try to make it default and it still gives me the error message. I was very happy with my s5 active up until this stupid system was installed.
    04-24-2015 07:14 AM