Anyone put an Otterbox on this bad boy yet??

momo662

Banned
Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I know it's a "rugged" phone, why put a giant case on it blah blah blah.....

But I have this for a month and I am so sick of this home button turning the phone on, I wanna freakin smash it on the ground.
I got a glass screen protector(which helps a bit) but it's still not enough.
I wanna know if anyone got an Otterbox for it??
I'm thinking this is my only solution - other than rooting it.

Anyone?? And how do you like it??

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I know it's a "rugged" phone, why put a giant case on it blah blah blah.....

But I have this for a month and I am so sick of this home button turning the phone on, I wanna freakin smash it on the ground.
I got a glass screen protector(which helps a bit) but it's still not enough.
I wanna know if anyone got an Otterbox for it??
I'm thinking this is my only solution - other than rooting it.

Anyone?? And how do you like it??
If you don't mind the added bulkiness then I think you'll like it. As to the problem you are having, is the button getting pressed? Or does it seem like a hardware defect?

If it's hardware then you should have it repaired or replaced if purchased recently. The case may offer some relief if the button is sensitive.

momo662

Banned
Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I got one today - 1/2 price !! WooHoo
My button issue is cleared up now - but It's gonna take a while to get used to this MONSTER

momo662

Banned
Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Can't get used to the size of this thing - it's like a tablet for crying out loud. Sold on eBay - looking for the next solution.

BettysNephew

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I have a screen protector on mine and one of the "HULA" edge cases I got at the AT&T store. The screen protector seems to take care of the face plate buttons and the HULA makes the side buttons less prone to inadvertent actuations. It isn't perfect, nothing is, but it seems to work for me. If you pocket carry and have a lot of other stuff in the pocket all bets are off.

zr2s10

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I bought this over the standard S5 because I didn't want to have a case. But quickly realized that it's a slippery bugger to hold onto with one hand! I also had an issue with the phone resetting itself in my carpenter pocket on my jeans, when I would crouch down (stocking a woodburner all winter, this happened alot). I don't have any screen protector, but I found a half decent solution that doesn't add much bulk: Grip Tape. I put a strip along the sides and bottom, and cut it openings for the buttons and USB port. I put a rectangular ring around the camera/flash/heart monitor, to protect the lens. I also made an Autobot logo (because I'm a nerd, quoting my wife) to go on the lower part of the back, and the edges make it easier to hold onto. I'll try to get some pics on later, but it's made the phone WAY easier to hold onto, while offering at least a little added protection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781