Constantly, the person on the other line cannot hear me. They have to hang up because they think I'm gone unless I take them off speakerphone. This is extremely annoying while in the car because I cannot take calls.

I already proved this issue inside an AT&T store and they replaced the device. A week later, I'm having the same troubles. It doesn't matter if I'm sitting home, on the road, or at work....90% of the time my speakerphone is useless.

anyone else have this same issue with the Active?
    06-10-2015 06:07 PM
    Is it possible the secondary mic is blocked, either by debris (like lint) or by a poorly-fitting case?
    06-10-2015 11:32 PM
    Have you found any solution?

I have this same problem with a new Galaxy S5 on Verizon. I had a Samsung rep guide me through the process of wiping the phone and starting over and it worked at first but by the end of the day no one could hear me on speaker phone again. The fact that it works at first and across different carriers suggests to me that it's a software issue.

I haven't tried wiping it again and reloading apps one by one to see if it is an app conflict because I haven't had the time. I use my speakerphone a lot and if this can't be fixed it's a deal breaker.
    06-25-2015 11:03 AM
    I have not been able to fix this. I had the device replaced once already and still the problem continues.
    07-07-2015 01:51 PM
    In case anyone is following this, I sent my phone into Samsung under warranty (even tho I bought it via ebay from a private seller). They just sent me an email that they've replaced a part and are sending the phone back to me 2-day air. I have my fingers crossed that it's really fixed! This is what was in the email they sent:

Original Problem:
    CALL QUALITY /SOUND - SOUND PROBLEMS - MICROPHONE NOT WORKING

Problem found:
    TX AUDIO - MIC - TX AUDIO - MIC - LCD BLANK/SEG. MISSING/LINES

Solution:
    REPLACED COMPONENT - REPLACED COSMETIC - REPLACED LCD
    08-29-2015 06:50 PM
    Again, in case anyone is following... the first time Samsung "fixed" my phone seemed to do nothing at all so I had to send it in again with the same complaint. Now the speaker seems to work 99% of the time so I'd say they solved it. The first time they switched out more parts though I can't tell what they were.
    So my advice is that if Samsung can't fix it the first time, send it back again because it is fixable.
    10-26-2015 10:21 PM
    I sent my Samsung galaxy note 5 in to Samsung they sent me a email saying this was work with my phone

Original Problem:
    CALL QUALITY /SOUND - SOUND PROBLEMS - MICROPHONE NOT WORKING

Problem found:
    TX AUDIO - MIC - LCD BLANK/SEG. MISSING/LINES - RX AUDIO - SPEAKER

Solution:
    REPLACED LCD - REPLACED COMPONENT

AT&T: AND T-Mobile AND SPRINT AND VERIZON SELL MESS UP PHONE AND SAID IT BRAND NEW PHONE SO I AM ASKING YALL TO WATCH OUT FOR THIS SO IT WILL NOT HAPPYING TO YOU
    03-04-2016 08:39 PM