How to Stop both Power Button and Home Button from turning on the phone ???

Groundhog 2

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
We have 2 of these S5 Active phones. Previous Motorola trix owners. Generally nice, full featured, quite happy with them. However, BY FAR the most infuriating feature of these things is that both the power button and the Home key or button will turn on the phone display. This means they are constantly being triggered while in the pockets and purses of the world. I think it is flat out stupid. Samsung lamely responds that "a future model may take care of this issue." Absurd.

Surely there is a way in software to preclude one of the two keys from turning on the display. Anyone know a solution ?

Groundhog 2

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
The chances of my getting this done correctly are small. I appreciate the info. Clearly the manufacturer should come out with an update which does this for everyone and provides a reasonable non-programming way for users to enable/disable the Home button from waking the screen.

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. It's ludicrous that one should have to root this high end expensive phone to solve a problem many so users are having. I actually would be willing to root the phone since there are other benefits but doesn't rooting void the warranty? (I've already had to use the warranty) Am I wrong in assuming that since it can be solved when rooted, that means Samsung could solve it with the next software update?
Don't they test these phone designs in the real world? I can't imagine how they would miss this flaw...

Michael G s5a

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
PLEASE STOP Home button wake s5 active

just Disgusting..
every single time i reach for this phone the Stupid home button is accepting a call and turning this thing on..

i find that This particular s5 active, is Not capable of being Rooted.. att version with software 870 A unbelievable, so now there's No way to edit that line 172 file..
in fact, taking a look at it, it already says _dropped

as I'm walking around, i hear these stupid bubble sounds (freaking people out) because it unlocks..
grand daughter calls it Poppi's bubble phone..

Hate this thing for Only that reason
Ready to throw it in the sock drawer, got it on computer work pay anyways..

Junk