I've had my S5 Active for almost a year now-the other night at work, the USB port cover fell off-I looked online to ifixit and noticed that disassembling the phone is a pretty involved process, and a google search found that it's an ongoing source of criticism of Samsung. I took a closer look and saw that the cover comes in two pieces-the cover itself and the 'connector' flexible piece that connects it to the case-it looked like they were glued together and the glue wore out-a quick, very careful dab of superglue and I was done, no disassembly required.

Hope this helps somebody

Jim B
    07-19-2015 04:07 PM
    I've had my S5 Active for almost a year now-the other night at work, the USB port cover fell off-I looked online to ifixit and noticed that disassembling the phone is a pretty involved process, and a google search found that it's an ongoing source of criticism of Samsung. I took a closer look and saw that the cover comes in two pieces-the cover itself and the 'connector' flexible piece that connects it to the case-it looked like they were glued together and the glue wore out-a quick, very careful dab of superglue and I was done, no disassembly required.

Hope this helps somebody

Jim B
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing!
    07-19-2015 05:42 PM