USB cover easy fix

Seamus322

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
I've had my S5 Active for almost a year now-the other night at work, the USB port cover fell off-I looked online to ifixit and noticed that disassembling the phone is a pretty involved process, and a google search found that it's an ongoing source of criticism of Samsung. I took a closer look and saw that the cover comes in two pieces-the cover itself and the 'connector' flexible piece that connects it to the case-it looked like they were glued together and the glue wore out-a quick, very careful dab of superglue and I was done, no disassembly required.

Hope this helps somebody

Jim B:cool:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: USB Port Cover-May not be as bad as some people post

I've had my S5 Active for almost a year now-the other night at work, the USB port cover fell off-I looked online to ifixit and noticed that disassembling the phone is a pretty involved process, and a google search found that it's an ongoing source of criticism of Samsung. I took a closer look and saw that the cover comes in two pieces-the cover itself and the 'connector' flexible piece that connects it to the case-it looked like they were glued together and the glue wore out-a quick, very careful dab of superglue and I was done, no disassembly required.

Hope this helps somebody

Jim B:cool:
Awesome! Thanks for sharing!