Galaxy S5 Active. Currently the OS is at 5.0. I am alerted that there is a 640mb upgrade available and when I try to install it, it reboots and says the upgrade failed, then reboots again. It's on ATT if that matters.
    12-17-2015 06:20 PM
    You will need 5 GB of free space on the device (not SD card), to complete the update. This is because the update process need space to uncompress the install file, and to perform data moves, etc.
    Start backing up media and uninstall apps. Once the upgrade is completed you can move everything back.
    12-18-2015 03:08 PM
    That was exactly the issue. I am now sitting on 5.1.1 thanks to your reply.

Thanks!
    12-18-2015 10:38 PM
    Glad I was able to help. This is the best build for this phone so far. I am at 27.5 days since the last reboot with no issue.

Everything is snappy and stable and the battery life is good.

Previously, the home button to Google Now issue on 4.4.4, and the white squares on the lock screen with the 5.0 builds forced me to reboot every few days. Not to mention the random slow downs etc.

I will havw to think long and hard if and when the Marshmallow build arrives, because this one has been so good.
    12-19-2015 01:37 PM
    I never got a notice that this was even available. When I go and check for updates, it tells me no update is available, but to wait 24 hrs before checking again. It usually only does that if there is actually an update available, but for whatever reason it won't let me download it. I moved as many things as I could to my SD card, but have only gotten it down to 4.6 GB available. How do they expect people to have 5 GB available for updates on a 16 GB phone? Especially when they won't let you delete bloatware and the Google apps that I'll never use... And at least they could say that's the problem, instead of just checking back. I'm stuck on 5.0 for now, and it's been laggy as hell lately, and never run very well since day 1.
    12-29-2015 11:22 AM
    I deleted, moved, and uninstalled as much as I could, got it down to 5.99 GB. Told me I had to wait. Manually changed the clock by a day. Tried again, still told me unavailable, try in 24 hrs. Fixed my clock, went back, tried again. It added 24 hrs to my original wait time, lol. FML, this is frustrating...
    12-29-2015 01:18 PM
    I deleted, moved, and uninstalled as much as I could, got it down to 5.99 GB. Told me I had to wait. Manually changed the clock by a day. Tried again, still told me unavailable, try in 24 hrs. Fixed my clock, went back, tried again. It added 24 hrs to my original wait time, lol. FML, this is frustrating...
    I somehow got my device to have 7.04 GB's free and it STILL WON'T UPDATE! This is getting very frustrating.
    01-04-2016 02:28 PM
    I mentioned it in another thread, but I had to do a factory reset on my phone to get the update to work. One tip though: If you have an SD card, back it up to your PC first! Luckily, I did this, because when I put it back in the phone after my updates, it wiped it clean! Didn't even ask me, just deleted everything on the card! If I hadn't backed all of that up, someone at the AT&T store would have an S5 Active sideways sized rectum... Very unhappy with having to A: do a factory reset, to get it to update, and needing to update to make it work properly. And B: for having the phone do something so drastic without asking my permission first. Sure, my photos and videos are backed up on Google Photos, but not full resolution. Plus I had other notes, etc. on there.
    01-05-2016 08:18 AM