My Samsung galaxy s5 active needed an update and I looked at my files. I had deleted some unwanted music and pictures but not in the file folder. I went to gallery and audio to do so. I looked at my gallery pictures about 2 hours later after deleting some pictures. An entire album of photos was deleted which was over 100 photos and this was before the update. Then my phone had updated. I have tried to find ways to recover these pictures but nothing has helped.
    02-04-2016 06:00 PM
    Unfortunately recovering files/media from any device that wasn't backed up somewhere else (I STRONGLY suggest you start backing up your pictures and videos in the cloud if you're not already doing so... it's free with Google and a few other services, so no excuse! And trust me, it's a life saver for situations like this one).

You can try this guide, but there are no guaranteed results, especially if your phone used that 'space' to install update files (it's more possible to recover data from locations in the memory that haven't been overwritten).
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...ted-files.html
    02-04-2016 06:16 PM