S5 active Camera flash greyed out tried everything I can think of!

Joe Volpe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
When I open my camera settings the flash option is greyed out. I toggled EVERY feature/option on menu & it won't light back up!? Only 3rd party apps i can think of that use camera regularly areFacebook & instagram. I REALLY NEED HELP! GOING CRAZY! PLZ HELP! THANKS

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Try reseting the stock camera to default settings by clearing the data and cache in your phone settings and see if that works. It should be Settings>Storage>Internal Storage>Used Space>Apps or just hold the icon and go to App info then storage and clear the data there. I have the same phone and have not had this problem... well at least not yet.

Mark 42

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Check to see if you have any of the automated processors switched on (e.g. HDR & Low Light Detection) in your camera settings.

Joe Volpe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I just had it happen AGAIN! And when I searched for a solution I found myself with no answer! Well it took me Hours 4 a simple fix! If you are in the "active" section of the phone, there's a flashlight section that can make ur screen change colors and blink ur flashlight etc.. TURN THIS ALL OFF BEFORE EXITING or you will not have a flash on your camera... at least that's what it was for me.. BOTH TIMES! SMH... #FIXED

remsal

Nov 1, 2018
Visit site
THE FIX IS IN!! from the home screen touch and hold on an empty spot on the screen. This will activate an option to search widgets that are pre-installed on the device. One of those is the "flashlight" widget. Drag that to one of your active screens, then try to turn on the flashlight. In my case, an notification came up that said an app called Activity Zone was using the flashlight. In the settings of that app I found that it had lowered the brightness of the light to zero; brought it back to full bright and VOILA, I had a flash that was usable on my camera again.