Can't play music on my S5-Active

kooblet

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I’m having issues with sound on my android phone.
History: Had an iPhone 3gs and put a lot of music on it. I acquired a Samsung S5 and tried to move the music which spent a bit of time on a Windows 10 machine. When I try to play the music on the Samsung phone with the default player I will simply get a statement “Cannot play this format” or some such thing. Seems like all my files are WMA files. I’m reasonably sure when I originally copied them from my own CDs they were MP3. I go to the Play Store and get a conversion program to get them into MP3 format and it doesn’t work as all the files are DRM protected. I cannot remove the DRM protection. I have no idea where the DRM came from. I’ve tried several of the music players found on Play Store, several of which claim to be WMA compatible and they do not work. When I try to listen I hear random chirps of sound, nothing identifiable as music.
Now what? I’ve got something like 65 CDs worth of music I’d love to get on my Samsung. Any ideas? I do have access to a laptop running Ubuntu if that would help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, we won't be able to advise you on how to get around DRM, no matter how it became associated with the files.

Do you still have all of the CDs? If so, rip them again and copy the new files over. If you don't have the CDs any more, do you have the original ripped files on your computer, or were they only stored on the iPhone? Did you originally rip them with iTunes or WMP? I'd assume you used iTunes since you had an iPhone, but there's no way iTunes would've ripped them into WMA files.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech