Galaxy S5 mini

TeritorialDemon

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Not to knock on the S5 mini but what is so special about this phone? After 5 generations of this model it doesn't seem to have any real bumped up specs.

Posted via Android Central App

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
The specs aren't leading edge I agree but a number of shortcomings of the S4 mini have been addressed. Namely, it now has a notification light, 720p screen, waterproof, dust proof, and the reception is amazing (so my last post). Well worth a purchase in my opinion.

Posted via the Android Central App

osvanberg

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
The specs aren't leading edge I agree but a number of shortcomings of the S4 mini have been addressed. Namely, it now has a notification light, 720p screen, waterproof, dust proof, and the reception is amazing (so my last post). Well worth a purchase in my opinion.

Well, all true and well, but since the S5 Mini utilizing the horrible penile matrix, and the S4 Mini the superior RGB matrix, the S5 Minis screen is in fact way more pixelized (worse) than the S4 Minis. So the bump to 720p from qHD doesn't do any good. Unfortunately!

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Well, all true and well, but since the S5 Mini utilizing the horrible penile matrix, and the S4 Mini the superior RGB matrix, the S5 Minis screen is in fact way more pixelized (worse) than the S4 Minis. So the bump to 720p from qHD doesn't do any good. Unfortunately!

That's fair enough. I wouldn't really understand the ins and outs of that kind of thing to be honest. I know I can't notice any difference. I feel that HD is sufficient in phones nowadays, but 720p suits my needs.